Weight Map Fill Selected fills the whole mesh instead of selected parts

Hey guys!

I'm trying to rig a clothing mesh to a Gen8.1 figure. At the moment, I'm at the Weight Map stage where I'm supposed, according to the guide, to paint the mesh parts into a set of rotational Weight Maps per bone. The issue is that even though I supposedly have everything selected as it should be when I select the Fill Selected option in the Weight Edit menu, it fills the whole mesh instead of the actually selected polygons. 

So, what am I missing here?

dz.jpg
1920 x 1050 - 602K

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,577

You need to be in weight editing when doing that operation.

Besides that, G8/G8.1 use general weights.

And are you aware that you can transfer weights from G8/G8.1, so you only have to do adgustments?

• feldarztfeldarzt Posts: 122

>>You need to be in weight editing when doing that operation.
    I'm in it, I think. Is there another Weight Editing than the one in the drop-down menu of the Weight Brush (the one on the screenshot attached)?

>>Besides that, G8/G8.1 use general weights.
    Really? Thanks, I didn't know that. I think the guide was written at the time of Gen3, so some details in it are somewhat outdated.

>>And are you aware that you can transfer weights from G8/G8.1, so you only have to do adgustments?
    Yeah, but a few parts are transferred so wrong that I decided it would be easier to re-map all the weights.

felis said:

You need to be in weight editing when doing that operation.

Besides that, G8/G8.1 use general weights.

And are you aware that you can transfer weights from G8/G8.1, so you only have to do adgustments?

dz.jpg
    1920 x 1050 - 1M

What happens when you click 'fill selected'?

You should get a box up with a slider where you can set the fill percentage.

Yep, the slider with the percentage does appear. I set it at 100% and click Accept. And it fills the whole mesh with red color (as in 100% weight).

I have never filled from scratch.

But I think all weight must belong to a bone, and as there is no other bones with weight, it might fill everything in the first selected.

Maby, try this:

1) Select 'pelvis' and then fill everything with 100%

2) Select 'left pectoral' (with the current selection), and then again try to fill that with 100%

Man, you're a genius! It actually worked!
    Thanks a lot!

felis said:

I have never filled from scratch.

But I think all weight must belong to a bone, and as there is no other bones with weight, it might fill everything in the first selected.

Maby, try this:

1) Select 'pelvis' and then fill everything with 100%

2) Select 'left pectoral' (with the current selection), and then again try to fill that with 100%