Render settings lost environment menu but restore default not put back

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Greetings.  I opened a DAE file for some reason and it changed a lot of my settings.  I think some render settings got saved when I exited.  Now my render menu is missing the environment options, like dome only and dome plus scene and the slot to insert an HDR.  I've tried restoring default preferences but new scenes still open without enviromnment channels.  I can get the environment channel back by going to lighting presets and choosing an HDR.  I've checked to make sure I am set to IRay.

How do I get the environment options restored to the menu for render settings?

render settings lost environment and restore default not restore.jpg
1074 x 870 - 111K

Comments

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,256

Go to the create menu and create new environment and tone mapping lobes?

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Thank you, that worked.

But when I create a new scene, it is still created without environment or tone mapper nodes.  I was under the impression that they were part of default scenes and if you deleted, Studio would put them back.  Makes me wonder what non-obvious other default settings are missing.

• You need to create the nodes or do a render/use a PBR drawstyle. You could save a scene with them already added, then use Edit>preferences to set that scene as the default load in the Startup (application launch) and/or Scene (File>New) tabs of Edit>Preferences (Daz Studio>Preferences for a Mac).

• Diomede said:

Thank you, that worked.

But when I create a new scene, it is still created without environment or tone mapper nodes.  I was under the impression that they were part of default scenes and if you deleted, Studio would put them back.  Makes me wonder what non-obvious other default settings are missing.

it changed when Filament was added though that might have just in addition rather than the cause of the change