Can't find vcredist.msi when installing DAZ Studio 4

mickd3mickd3 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi!
I just downloaded a copy of DAZ Studio 4 to go with my new installation of Bryce. When I try to install DAZ Studio 4, it goes almost to the end of the installation and then I get the error "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the Installation package vcredist.msi in the box below." Another error message I got was: "The path C:\windows\temp\ixp000.tmp\vcredist.msi cannot be found. Verify that you have access to this location and try again or try to find the installation package vcredist.msi in a folder from which you can install the product Microsft visual C++ 2005 Redistributable(x64)"
I'm installing the Content Management Service, I turned off my antivirus and installed as administrator.
I've searched all over google and couldn't come up with any fixes. This is driving me crazy. I'm hoping someone can help.

Comments

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

I've never seen that one. The first error suggests it may be passed a string that starts with double slashes, yet in the second error the string seems correct.
    I have never tried cancelling installation at the VC Redistributable runtime, so I don't know what it does: does the installation abort or is the DS4 folder created with all the relevant files? In the latter case you only need to download the vcruntime 2005 and 2010 redistributables from Microsoft (in fact chances are you already have them).

• mickd3mickd3 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your reply!
    I reinstalled again, this time cancelling and letting the installer finish. It seems to have installed everything. I looked in the uninstall list and the 2005 and 2010 redistributables are in there (2010 wasn't there before). How will it affect the operation of the program if these arn't installed properly? The program opens up and the initial screens load (that's as far as I got).
    I've got another question while I'm at it. I thought I got a serial number for DAZ Studio 4 Pro, but when I loaded the program, it says in the upper left hand corner DAZ Studio 4.0 Standard. Is this normal for the pro version or did I do something wrong?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Go to Help > Register DAZ Studio to input the Pro serial number.

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Great! I think the program wouldn't run at all if the redistributable runtimes aren't included, but I'm not certain. I believe you have to close and reopen the program for "Standard" to go away once you added your Pro serial.