How do I install Daz3D and Contents on a "Custom" Path?

MetalSunde94MetalSunde94 Posts: 74
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I want to install DAZ3Dstudio on my second hardisc, because its bigger than the other that is recommended from DAZ.

I have installed DAZ3D on my computer before but I had to Reset it. So when I then tried to install it on a custom path again I don't remember where to put everything!!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited December 1969

If you are using DIM click the gear icon at top-right to go to preferences and then set the path for 32 or 64 bit applications in the Installation tab. DS will then isntall to the DAZ 3D\Studio 4 (for the production build) folder in that.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The content is the larger part of the disk space -- in DIM go to Settings > Installation to add a new path for content, and make sure to switch the Current path to that one. In DS, Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, put the new path in both "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats". In all cases, the path should end at the folder CONTAINING the Data and Runtime folders.

To install the software in a different location using DIM, go to Settings > Installation and change the paths for 32-bit software and 64-bit software.