DieTrying's 182 Morphs or Genesis 2 Male Morphs Bundle

BradCarstenBradCarsten Posts: 856
edited December 1969 in New Users

http://www.sharecg.com/v/73186/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/DieTryings-182-Morphs-for-Genesis-2-Male
https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-male-s-morphs-bundle

What's the basic difference between these and is it necessary / useful to have both, or do they do the same thing?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

They are two completely different sets of morphs.

The ones that come with the DAZ 3D product are listed on the Product Page, and the DYeTrying ones are listed in a readme in the download.

Having both sets would be extremely useful in my opinion, but you can at least try the free one first to see if you need any others.

• 404nicg404nicg Posts: 270
    edited April 2015

There's alot of overlap between them but the Genesis 2 male morph's bundle is going to allow for some changes that the 182 morphs for genesis male won't and vice-versa. Having them both would be useful but I wouldn't call the morphs pack from sharecg a REPLACEMENT for the morphs bundle from DAZ, however it is a very nice starting point if you're not willing to spend the money yet.

Also, eventually having the genesis 2 male morphs bundle is essential because alot of characters that are created both for sale and made available for free are going to based off of those morphs so you will need to have them installed in order to have access to them. Basically having the morphs bundle for DAZ opens you up for way more expansion of your catalog down the road. I should note however that people do create characters for die trying's 182 morphs as well...just not as many as you're going to find for the morphs bundle from daz.

If getting the morphs pack from daz makes economical sense for your I say get it and then complement it with the free one and you can't go wrong. But if for now you can only get the free one, that's not a bad place to be in either.

Post edited by 404nicg on
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781
    edited December 1969

No, they're not alike. The Daz morph bundle is the equivalent of the old Morphs ++ bundle we had for M4 back in the day. So it is a necessity if you want to use most of the available Genesis 2 Male character sets. Die Trying's freebie morphs are a very useful add-on and will give you even more flexibility. I have both sets, got the free one first and played with it until a sale came along and I could afford to invest a bit more into the new figures, and they work quite nicely together.

• BradCarstenBradCarsten Posts: 856
    edited December 1969

Thanks everyone. I've loved using the one for genesis 2 female, so I was quite excited to see Die trying, seeing as how I've completely overshot my budget over the last few days. I'll have to get both eventually though.

404nicg said:

Also, eventually having the genesis 2 male morphs bundle is essential because alot of characters that are created both for sale and made available for free are going to based off of those morphs so you will need to have them installed in order to have access to them.

That's a good point actually...