Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724

Could look like this one, it has some Wave morphs which looks like these which for some reason aren't shown in the promos:

https://www.daz3d.com/wild-wind-hair-for-genesis-8-females

• I think you are right! Thank you.

I was half-way hoping there was a middle-part SBH product I wasn't aware of. I like the HM SBH because it lets you do "low res" which doesn't obliterate my PC like the other SBH does (chevybabe etc stuff)

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited February 2022

Actually it's using surprisingly little resources, both RAM and VRAM.  Here's some data using Iray preview rendering - the first sample is with a G8F character loaded only, the second with the hair applied.

wild_wind_hair_01.png
    633 x 539 - 69K
    wild_wind_hair_02.png
    637 x 539 - 68K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • Could also maybe be Sorrow Hair, it's promo's show a similar movement and it also is light on the system as I have it and my computer is a lightweight when it comes to resources.

https://www.daz3d.com/sorrow-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,113

I think you are right! Thank you.

I was half-way hoping there was a middle-part SBH product I wasn't aware of. I like the HM SBH because it lets you do "low res" which doesn't obliterate my PC like the other SBH does (chevybabe etc stuff)

I've been wanting to try those HM hairs, but the number of maps listed in the product description is off-putting, so I skip them. SBH doesn't need that many maps, so it makes the products seem like they're poorly optimized. I could say the same for their outfits.
  • Unfortunately I'm not savvy enough to say if the HM hairs are poorly optimized, but I can say when using their default or "low res" settings, they don't overwhelm my VRAM on renders, and they also simulate relatively fast. I'd use them more but all of them are very stylized, so not super versatile.