Green shadows in Studio - why and how do I get rid of them?

I am getting green shadows on a G8F character in Studio - her hair and clothing both are casting them. I've seen this previously, 2 or 3 years ago, but not since, so when it presented this time it was a bit of a surprise. Any reason for these, and how can I prevent them? It's an Iray render with basic setup, no lights, just the dome, emissive materials and a camera headlamp. The character is "Ellie Young", purchased at Renderhub - all the materials look great in Iray preview mode, but in a render, green shadows on her skin (in general, the Iray render is inferior to the preview - very flat).

Ellie 001 004 - Preview.png
667 x 890 - 3M
Ellie 002 - green.png
2400 x 3200 - 7M

Comments

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,338

The character is "Ellie Young", purchased at Renderhub

Given there's little doubt that said character model is based on the younger versions of Ellie Williams from "The Last of Us" series, I'm going to put this delicately and indirectly by saying that there are less controversial ways to depict a character of that canonical age.

~~~~~

As far as the core question, the rendering is so wildly different that the first thing I would check is that that you haven't managed to change the final render engine. (Iray Preview is *always* Iray, even if the full render engine has been changed).

• Check if your render engine is not changed to Iray Interactive. I had this happening few times on this simplified version of Iray (which is good mostly for previews).

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679

Matt_Castle: no offense intended; I've never played the game, so I have no idea what her age is supposed to be; I got this version because it appeared she didn't have the tattoos.

PixelSploiting: Thanks - I did try changing the mode from Interactive to Photoreal and it got rid of the green glow, before I read your suggestion. I had done that because I wanted to shut off cast shadows for the walls of the environment; it's annoying that one has to change the entire rendering method to do that (Daz, if you're going to replace Poser, at least copy the parts that work!)

• Silas3DSilas3D Posts: 554

The green shadows are usually due to geometry colliding through the skin surface, and the skin having certain translucency/chromatic settings. You may find changing the offset of the hair and clothing slightly will minimize and/or remove it altogether.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,924
    edited February 2022

Here, use this as a way to bypass that issue, a setting of 80% translucency as well should also help in default render mode...

SSS SETTINGS.jpg
    571 x 450 - 74K
    Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • I have a similar issues and I can't find any settings to fix it