Resolved Mysteriously - Color/Diffuse Map Strangeness - black splotches

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086
edited February 2022 in Carrara Discussion

I loaded the pants model for the Genesis Football Uniform in Substance Painter.  I made some simple fill layers and baked verious maps, including the color diffuse map.  When I load the diffuse map in Studio, it appears as expected - gold with a blue vertical stripe.  When I load the same map in Carrara's color channel, I get black splotches.  I made sure that there is no reflection, etc involved.  All the other channels are set to none.  I've gone in the modeling room and made sure the affected thigh area is the same shading domain.  I've made sure that there is no tiling of the uvmap.  I attach a side by side of a Daz Studio test render and a Carrara test render of only the diffuse map.

Ideas?

pants rendered in daz studio.png
2400 x 2400 - 3M
Doc11.jpg
640 x 480 - 13K
Post edited by Diomede on

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

And here are snapshots of the model mesh UVMap and the Carrara shader tree.  You can see in the Carrara shader tree that the map is gold where the leg UVs are.

carrara modeling room and uvmap.jpg
    1311 x 758 - 116K
    carrara shader tree.jpg
    1748 x 848 - 198K
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927

I guess youve tried flipping the texture map with those little arrows tgat can flip it sideways, vertically or horizontally? 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086
    edited February 2022

Thanks for the suggestion.  I should have called tech support.  They would have told me to unplug my computer and plug it back in.

That is what I did.  I turned off my computer, unplugged it, and took a nap.

After I woke up and plugged the computer back in, Carrara loads and displays the diffuse map as expected.  

Don't know why.

Thanks again for trying to help.

test render mystery.jpg
    1433 x 761 - 175K
    Test Render Fix Mystery.jpg
    800 x 600 - 21K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927

Heh, well that works when my retinal camera wont talk to me, so no surprize it works with carrara as well ,!

• oh retinal

I misread that terribly blush