How To Create A Single Shaping Dial?

OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/packaging/tutorials/saving_morphs/start#saving_morphs_wip_2014

contains a detailed description of how to save a dial-spin character (or other) as a single shaping dial. Unfortunately, it does not seem to work for me. The new property has no effect on the figure in which it is created (even after the unexplained 'ERC Freeze' step; what does this _do_, actually?) and the new property, in any case, does not appear on any other Genesis characters, which makes it rather a pointless exercise.

What should I be reading instead?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,131
    edited April 2015

You should have all of the morphs set as you want them, then you create the new property, set the property to 1 then you right click on that new property slider and select ERC Freeze: everything should be correct - you new property at the top, as the controller, and the morphs you used (and nothing else) listed at the bottom. This will link the morphs to the new property so that when it is set to 1 the morphs are set to the desired values: before the ERC freeze the existing morphs are explicitly set to the desired values and your property does nothing; after the ERC Freeze the morphs are set to zero and your property overrides that to the desired values. Saving the new property as a morph asset, once it is working, will store the linkages so that they apply to every figure of that type on loading.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

Except, it doesn't work. Even after I do the ERC freeze, the other morphs are unchanged, and the new property does nothing. I am clearly missing something important here, but I cannot imagine what it is.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,131
    edited December 1969

If you click on the gear on the new property's slider and then Parameter Settings, are there any properties listed in the Sub Components tab at the bottom? Please post a screen shot of the ERC Freeze dialogue when you try to create the new links.