DAZ3d content in Carrera?

I'm usinig DAZ3d now, thinking about Carrera. Can I use my DAZ3d assets in Carrera? Thanx!

Comments

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191

I've had no luck and gave up long ago.  Fortunately, in addition to 28 GB of Carrara products, my collection of Poser format items works fine in Carrara (365 GB, 2 GB purchased in the last month).  

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,798

william_7fb5892d said:

I'm usinig DAZ3d now, thinking about Carrera. Can I use my DAZ3d assets in Carrera? Thanx!

without any mods you can use Daz original figures V1 & V2 up to G1 to G2 and most older props ect..

these days with the latest products it can be hit & miss .. G3 & G8 don't work without mods applied

most newest Poser figures don't work either in Carrara ( I think it's from Poser 11 up ) I will be corrected if wrong as I don't use Poser

if you have a ton of old stuff then mostly no probs but textures may need adjusting

but the best thing is you can model your own wacky stuff in Carrara which you can't do in Daz3d or Poser wink

• Stezza said:

william_7fb5892d said:

without any mods you can use Daz original figures V1 & V2 up to G1 to G2 and most older props ect..

these days with the latest products it can be hit & miss .. G3 & G8 don't work without mods applied

most newest Poser figures don't work either in Carrara ( I think it's from Poser 11 up ) I will be corrected if wrong as I don't use Poser

if you have a ton of old stuff then mostly no probs but textures may need adjusting

but the best thing is you can model your own wacky stuff in Carrara which you can't do in Daz3d or Poser wink

+1

Carrara is a more versatile artist tool, IMO.  If you more interested in push button art, Daz Studio may be the better choice. (not to say that good art can't be done in Daz Studio, of course)

• you can always convert G3 & 8 to props in DAZ studio under edit figure if reposing is unimportant, do the clothes first and unparent them

saved as a scene subset Carrara will open it

• I have 113 pages of products in my Daz library.  Only a handful have ever given me a problem in Carrara.  And for those few products , there were almost always workarounds.

If you really understand Carrara, you can work with most Daz products - even the newer ones.  That is a simple fact.