Looking for suggestions - G2F skin textures

MoviehawkMoviehawk Posts: 67
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I've been upgrading to Gen2 the past few weeks with all the sales, but most of the character sets I have
bought are lacking in skin quality (mostly just tone - not photo).

Any product recommendations for high quality skin textures/maps. (Made from photos!)

If there is another thread - please point me in that direction.

Thanks for any help.

Alan

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited April 2015

I am really liking the skin from the following characters

http://www.daz3d.com/ly-maribel

http://www.daz3d.com/karynna-for-aiko-6

http://www.daz3d.com/sabby-tiffany

http://www.daz3d.com/bryonia

I would say they are my top 4 overall for G2F

Please see my gallery at DeviantART to see some images using them. (not all obvious)

http://www.mattymanx.deviantart.com/

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • MoviehawkMoviehawk Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Thanks .. just added them to my wish list (waiting for next 90%off sale!!!)

Alan

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255
    edited December 1969

I haven't been using G2F very often yet, but I was very pleased with P3Design's Noa (at Rendo) when I did. The character is for G2F but I used the skin on G1 without problems as well as on G2F. I'm also pleased with that artist's Carmen as well. S/he has a number of characters in Rendo's Prime collection which are only $3.50 if you are a member there. Admittedly, more of them are for V4 than for any version of Genesis, but there are addons which give G2 V4's UVs and they work just fine.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,394
    edited December 1969

Moviehawk said:
    Thanks .. just added them to my wish list (waiting for next 90%off sale!!!)

Alan

that won't happen again, it was a glitch screwup.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,326
    edited December 1969

If, like me, you like your ladies dark and sultry, try this one:

http://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-serena-hd

Cheers,

Alex.

edited December 1969

Thanks again for the good suggestions.
    It's a shame (but understandable) that you can't get a good all-body shot of the texture here at DAZ - compared to other web marketers.

Thanks
    Alan

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601
    edited December 1969

Moviehawk said:
    It's a shame (but understandable) that you can't get a good all-body shot of the texture here at DAZ - compared to other web marketers.

Thanks
    Alan

Couldn't agree more! It's why i rarely purchase characters from here.
    It's too bad vendors don't take the time to post full previews on places like DA and then include a link on the product page, I would probably buy more.

• barberoybarberoy Posts: 98
    edited December 1969

Moviehawk said:

Thanks
    Alan

Couldn't agree more! It's why i rarely purchase characters from here.
    It's too bad vendors don't take the time to post full previews on places like DA and then include a link on the product page, I would probably buy more.

I recently bought a female character with 15 different nail colour options but no genital texture, I find that odd. Alot of the g2f character's and textures are really bland. We need more ugly people with acne.

Saiyaness do some nice skin textures.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

There are quite a few G2F base characters we're not allowed to include genital textures/morphs with because they obviously look young, or are toons and could look too young to people who've never watched anime. So if a character sold here is designed to work with Gissele, Belle, Josie. Kieko, Aiko 6 even IIRC, am I forgetting any? they won't have gen textures. Likewise Jayden and Brodie.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

for my liking the best skins in daz shop are here

http://www.daz3d.com/raiya

you can use V5 skins without problems for Gen2F

edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    There are quite a few G2F base characters we're not allowed to include genital textures/morphs with because they obviously look young, or are toons and could look too young to people who've never watched anime. So if a character sold here is designed to work with Gissele, Belle, Josie. Kieko, Aiko 6 even IIRC, am I forgetting any? they won't have gen textures. Likewise Jayden and Brodie.

Yup was aware that younger characters don't have genital textures/morphs, that's not a problem. The two characters I got without genital textures were for Lilith and Mei Lin. I don't do a lot of nude renders but I'd still consider those two incomplete.

As you mentioned, FW Joanie has a nice texture, its just a shame that only mature characters have those details. I usually end up adding freckles, scars and moles in photoshop just too make the texture more interesting.

edited December 1969

I understand about the too young for explicit mapping, but it is nice to see the whole package/details before you buy - on age appropriate models.

Some of my favorites are still the elite textures for V4. Maya, Lana, etc.
    Based on some suggestions I got the V4 UV to Gen2, and can now use those textures on my G2F characters. :-)

Some of the other suggestions look great and will try to pick a few up at the next sale.

Alan

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

barberoy said:

I recently bought a female character with 15 different nail colour options but no genital texture, I find that odd. Alot of the g2f character's and textures are really bland. We need more ugly people with acne.

Saiyaness do some nice skin textures.

It's not that weird. I do 100x more close up hand renders than I do nude renders, and I don't do many close-ups of hands. I do get what you mean, though, just being contrary.

As for the "ugly" thing, from what I understand, textures are made from real models, are they not? I would expect a certain lack of enthusiasm for modeling if you found yourself unattractive.

edited December 1969

It's not that weird. I do 100x more close up hand renders than I do nude renders, and I don't do many close-ups of hands. I do get what you mean, though, just being contrary.

As for the "ugly" thing, from what I understand, textures are made from real models, are they not? I would expect a certain lack of enthusiasm for modeling if you found yourself unattractive.

Contrary and pedantic. We have "ugly" women in the store: francesca, agnes, bellatrix, greta, heroine for g2f. Characters I love to work with, simply because they have character. Daz women don't have to be 5'10" supermodels with featureless skin. They can look like these women: http://www.ugly.org/UGLY-MODELS/index.php/girls.html

If a PA wants to create Barbie doll characters they should state in the description that the character has no genital texture. I use Daz to create comics. When I choose a texture for a character, male or female, I want the option of rendering a full nude even if the story doesn't call for it at that time.

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310
    edited April 2015

Most of the characters you listed there aren't ugly so much as old, which is different. Personally I think the plague of somewhat interchangeable characters is more a product of timid morphs and too much SSS (although there are plenty of textures out there that come pre-airbrushed as it were).

Below are 2 renders both using Daz textures (V6HD and Lilith) neither of the characters look like supermodels, the difference is they don't use any default morphs (in fact I'm pretty confident both use some transferred David 5) The one Lilith texture I particularly like if you look at the texture you'll notice it even has veins and some discoloration around the eye.

To answer the original question I own a lot of raiya textures I also use the daz character textures often. I also like some of Lyoness' characters (http://www.daz3d.com/ly-brynn is a good example), in part because some of the morphs are less poofy and soft looking

My other method for deciding whether or not I'm going to by a texture is looking at how well the lips and lipstick mesh with the skin, there are a lot that look like the lips were just pasted on then connected with a bit of a blur, or worse a straight hard line. Think how many close ups of the face you render.

notamodel.png
    900 x 1125 - 804K
    notamodel_2.png
    900 x 1125 - 753K
    Post edited by j cade on
    edited December 1969

Kamion99 said:
    Most of the characters you listed there aren't ugly so much as old, which is different. Personally I think the plague of somewhat interchangeable characters is more a product of timid morphs and too much SSS (although there are plenty of textures out there that come pre-airbrushed as it were).

Agreed, I was going to make a similar point but I didn't want to rant and rave. When I say "ugly people with acne" of course I mean 'normal' looking people not flawless beauties. The lips and eyelashes look particular good in those two renders.

Raiya and Lyoness are my two favorite vendors for characters in the store. LY Darby is a good example of the sort of head morph I like. The thing is, I have 150+ different female characters in my Runtime between V4, Genesis and G2F. So if I'm gonna buy another girl it'll have to be something different to what I already have. At the moment I'm not seeing that.