An Issue with Victoria 8 not taking any materials

Hello, as the title says I can't get the Victoria 8 model to take any materials at all, I have everything i need installed I double checked to be sure I have made other renders already so that is not the issue. I tried changing the models, Maps or materials or change even skin color and nothing. The only thing I could do was change eye color, I am working inside the options for Victoria only right now and not say using the Corina skin map which works fine on the Victoria model, and gets even stranger because the view port shows her with eye brows and the aux port shows nothing. 

I am still pretty new to this so a problem here and there i can sort out but this is a little above me and need a little help trying to figure out what is going on.

Thanks.

Comments

• Are other things taking textures? I suspect not, and the iissue is that the current Drawstyle is not textured (e.g. Smooth Shaded).

• Actually everything else is taking textures fine that is why I am asking for some help, nothing I can come up with will apply anthing to that model ( Victoria 8). From the Victoria content, I am reinstalling everything becuase I have to assume at this point it is a issue there but I don't actually think it is. 

• After some reading and fealing a little dumb, I realized there are 3 different ways to down load stuff for Daz minus the manual download and install yourself. I have a bad feeling that part of the stuff for that model was one way and parts were another way which would explain why the base of Victoria would not take certain Maps/Materials if they were divide into different locations. I was unaware until now this was something I had to worry about but I am in the process of fixing it and I hope this solves my problem once I am up and running again.

Thanks

• That shouldn't have mattered, as long as they installed correctly - if you installed through Daz Studio they might fail to decrypt properly, leaving them non-functional.

• I got it working, you were correct I needed to switch my views. I had downloaded part through the DS and part through the DIM and left somethings not working correctly causing me problems. It has been long day sorting out this mess had to clear all of daz off my system and down load solely through DIM to fix it. 

Thanks again.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,479
    edited January 2022

If you are installing your content with DIM, do not log in to DS.

Set your startup options in DS Preferences as in the attachment

StartUp.JPG
    522 x 244 - 21K
    Post edited by PerttiA on
  • I got it fixed thanks, I learned that part the hard way. It cleared up all of my issues.