What's This CULLING CAMERA

FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038

What is the "culling camera" that comes with this light product https://www.daz3d.com/interior-light-pro-for-filament-and-iray

I guess what I want to know is - what is the focal length of the lens on the camera?  I understand it makes part of your set invisible and that light from an exterior light source can illuminate the interior.

Thanks!

Comments

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

The camera itself is just set up like a default Daz camera as far as I can see, but it's got section planes parented to it that you can move anywhere in your scene. Geometry on the outward facing side of the section planes will be treated as invisible in the scene. 

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038

plasma_ring said:

The camera itself is just set up like a default Daz camera as far as I can see, but it's got section planes parented to it that you can move anywhere in your scene. Geometry on the outward facing side of the section planes will be treated as invisible in the scene. 

Could you do me a huge favour and open the Culling Camera and click on the Camera tab and take a look at the focal length of the lens?  And is it a fixed focal length, or can you change the focal length?

Thanks!

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020
    edited January 2022

Here it is as it loads. Everything is adjustable and the default focal length is the same as the default camera. (The "culling" slider just moves the position of the section planes to adjust the effect so you don't have to move them manually.) 

culling camera.png
    321 x 353 - 20K
    Post edited by plasma_ring on
  • FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038

plasma_ring said:

Here it is as it loads. Everything is adjustable and the default focal length is the same as the default camera. (The "culling" slider just moves the position of the section planes to adjust the effect so you don't have to move them manually.) 

Thank you so much!  I'm going to buy it!