DAZneyland

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,357
    edited December 1969

So I'm confused, the email said buy anything but the store says buy 2 MM items...

Either way, I missed it (I already picked up today's freebie to add it to the cart with that and I don't have the money right now for any MM purchases)

I guess I'll just have to make my own (inferior) cardboard Hollywood set.

It's free with any purchase. Just put it in the cart with a $1.99 back catalog PC item

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited December 1969

It's free with any purchase. Just put it in the cart with a $1.99 back catalog PC item

I've only got like $1.18 in my bank account right now. lol

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,134
    edited December 1969

So I'm confused, the email said buy anything but the store says buy 2 MM items...

Either way, I missed it (I already picked up today's freebie to add it to the cart with that and I don't have the money right now for any MM purchases)

I guess I'll just have to make my own (inferior) cardboard Hollywood set.

As it's a DAZ Original you could always use your April PC coupon on it. :lol:

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited December 1969

Cayman said:

Oh crikey, I forgot about the new coupons!

edited April 2015

Cayman said:

I used mine yesterday when the whole store was on sale..
    And, just my luck, today they are giving the store away.:lol:

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,688
    edited April 2015

Look who came in the office today

DAZHQ.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 557K
    Post edited by Sylvan on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,271
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    Look who came in the office today

I think that's the company dartboard.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,924
    edited April 2015
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,897
    edited December 1969

Cayman said:

... I KEEP FORGETTING ABOUT THOSE STUPID COUPONS AAAARGH

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,810
    edited December 1969

I'm looking forward to the Dazneyland Pro pack, which will include images of the Unflatable Pony and the Millennium Cow peeking out of one of the top-floor windows.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,688
    edited December 1969
  • Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604
    edited December 1969

It's good to see Daz giving us the best of new technology again. I wondered if I could combine it with one of their earlier cutting-edge releases so I had a go. This render has the Unflateable Pony walking past the building. The Pony was released a few years ago, around the same time of year I think.

DazneyLandWithPony.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 762K
  • Bluebird 3DBluebird 3D Posts: 995
    edited December 1969

I was there in person when this product was made and while it was my intention to offer interior sets to go with it, I was hampered in my efforts due to the large amount of whiskey somehow associated with DAZneyland.

Any and all photoreal references I had for that project are now owned by the DAZneyland copyright squad. They've been confiscated for reasons covered under my strict NDA as a DAZ PA.

My sincerest apologies, folks!

~Bluebird 3D

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,924
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/54677/
    Carrara not supported either :long:

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

I was there in person when this product was made and while it was my intention to offer interior sets to go with it, I was hampered in my efforts due to the large amount of whiskey somehow associated with DAZneyland.

Any and all photoreal references I had for that project are now owned by the DAZneyland copyright squad. They've been confiscated for reasons covered under my strict NDA as a DAZ PA.

~Bluebird 3D

LOL, well you can model my whiskey instead. I'm a beer drinker so when I found they had local brews hiding behind the bar, I had to get acquainted with that. ;)

whiskey.jpg
    480 x 640 - 93K
    edited December 1969

~Bluebird 3D

LOL, well you can model my whiskey instead. I'm a beer drinker so when I found they had local brews hiding behind the bar, I had to get acquainted with that. ;)

It is a really tough job we have.. but somebody has to do it.

~Bluebird

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

It's good to see Daz giving us the best of new technology again. I wondered if I could combine it with one of their earlier cutting-edge releases so I had a go. This render has the Unflateable Pony walking past the building. The Pony was released a few years ago, around the same time of year I think.

OMG it's a sighting of the magic pink pony :roll:

• diogenese19348diogenese19348 Posts: 926
    edited December 1969

Does the deluxe version come with a "Make Art" button?

edited December 1969

Does the deluxe version come with a "Make Art" button?

Yes but only for DAZ Studio. You will have to use DSON to try to make it compatible with Poser.

~Bluebird

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,621
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/54677/
    Carrara not supported either :long:

...you could save it in Daz as a .obj and then import it into Carrara but not sure if the the shaders will transfer correctly since they are apparently optimised for Iray.
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

Damn.. I was already there when y'all arrived so I don't know the details of that cab ride. Or did I arrive after? I dunno.. I think it was before. That whole weekend is mostly a blur of wonderful with very little distinct memories besides Male3DMedia and Steve utterly cracking me up at one point, and a wonderful dinner spent mostly standing outside in the rain having long conversations with a few people that were amazing.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,782
    edited December 1969

MrPoser said:
    When I made the poles invisible the whole dang thing fell over.

Well, you have a falling over building, and Oskarsson's provided us with Buster Keaton today, so it's all surely crying out for a recreation of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsyRhRR5Iu4

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,546
    edited December 1969

Still doesn't beat the Make Art Button or the Inflatable Pony!

edited December 1969

...and even the Emperor's New Clothes textures for the Asgard Cleric were totally free (requiring no purchase).

One would think that DAZneyland should at least be free to PC members.

edited April 2015

..gahh! Went to the store page and this popped up!

...and clicking on it to make it go away loads a random item into my cart that costs money I don't have right now.

DAZ_Clippy.jpg
    1174 x 561 - 401K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Nightshift3DNightshift3D Posts: 273
    edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    Damn.. I was already there when y'all arrived so I don't know the details of that cab ride. Or did I arrive after? I dunno.. I think it was before. That whole weekend is mostly a blur of wonderful with very little distinct memories besides Male3DMedia and Steve utterly cracking me up at one point, and a wonderful dinner spent mostly standing outside in the rain having long conversations with a few people that were amazing.

It was just an uneventful ride from the airport to DAZneyland. Dumor3D was out front taking pictures when we arrived. At least Male-M3dia was awake enough to notice him, I was still trying to adjust to a daytime schedule for the weekend. I'm not sure if you were already there or not, it's easy to get confuzzled when meeting so many people in one day.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Fisty said:

It was just an uneventful ride from the airport to DAZneyland. Dumor3D was out front taking pictures when we arrived. At least Male-M3dia was awake enough to notice him, I was still trying to adjust to a daytime schedule for the weekend. I'm not sure if you were already there or not, it's easy to get confuzzled when meeting so many people in one day.

I noticed Dumo because I was scoping for the liquor stores ;) You know, Utah.. where it winds down when it heats up where I'm from. They're closing down at 12-1, that's when we're getting into the club. So I figured it would be a dry spell if we're up late chatting... little did we know the staff would keep us full and happy.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    edited December 1969

angusm said:
    I'm looking forward to the Dazneyland Pro pack, which will include images of the Unflatable Pony and the Millennium Cow peeking out of one of the top-floor windows.

Don't they have any toilets? Oh, it's peeKing, sorry.... :lol:

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...and even the Emperor's New Clothes textures for the Asgard Cleric were totally free (requiring no purchase).

One would think that DAZneyland should at least be free to PC members.

While you could get the "Emperor's New Clothes" free, it had a pay-for product required to use it.
    Dazneyland only requires a small ($1.99 for PC members) to get it free.
    So, not much difference.

edited December 1969

...yeah, but it still follows the current trend that you have to pay something to either get something at a discount or for free. I really miss the old days. MM is just no longer fun anymore like it used to be. Just another "buy this to get that" sale.