Daz Crashes While Canceling a 'New Window' Render?

A new -- and quite disruptive -- problem just cropped up.  I normally do an NVIDIA IRAY render with 'Render Target' set to "New Window' in the Render Settings tab -- so I can manually cancel the render, then save it, when image quality reaches a desired state. 

Only today -- on multiple render attempts -- as soon as I select 'cancel' to stop the render, Daz immediately crashes, closing my rendered image window before I can save the image.  Heck of a way to lose about six hours of crunching on my graphics card.

A new Daz bug?  A lack of technique on my part?  Fixes or work-arounds?

Thank you!  

Comments

• Have you tried a newer/older driver for the graphics card?

• RenderNoviceRenderNovice Posts: 56
    edited January 2022

Thanks Richard,

Yes -- had the problem both before -- and now after -- installing the latest studio driver from NVIDIA.  The crash is also happening if I just let Daz finish the render without cancelling: I get the error message saying Daz must close the instant it completes it's last iteration.  I would say the crash occurs on at least half of my render attempts now. 

This is a definite show-stopper. 

Post edited by RenderNovice on
  • Is it a crash straight to desktop or do you get the crash dialogue? I wonder if it might be a folder issue, related to writing the temp file or the thumbnail for the Render Album (which I suspect is done after stopping the render).

• I get the crash dialogue every time.  Rendered files are saved to a dedicated folder on the C:/ SSD Drive.  The problem just surfaced seemingly 'out of the blue.'

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,385
    edited January 2022

Have you updated Windows or GPU since the last time it worked properly?

Edit: NM, should read better, lol. Have you tried to look at the log file to see if it is giving any helpful info?

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • RenderNovice said:

I get the crash dialogue every time.  Rendered files are saved to a dedicated folder on the C:/ SSD Drive.  The problem just surfaced seemingly 'out of the blue.'

In that case please save the report as a zip from the dialogue and attach it to a forum post.

• RenderNoviceRenderNovice Posts: 56
    edited January 2022

Attached -- lotsa' 'access violation' messages in the .xml file and 'conection refused' messages in the .txt file.  

Post edited by RenderNovice on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,479

There's definitely something strange going on, on top of scruffy having gone to bed...

2022-01-18T20:48:48Z Failed to download output file "F:/DAZ/PROGRAM DATA/My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_60183\props/make me itsy bitsy/materials/mm itsy bitsy sippy cup liquid 01.duf.part"

Note the inconsistent use of "/" and "\"

2022-01-26T09:20:38Z curl_easy_perform(https://hpclscruffy.daz3d.com/Server/ping?SID=zrKj194cgC7C4eOljjO_vVdp5oAfs7g6FZgDFX5LYB1sO5M3ruhC7A) failed: Couldn't resolve host name (scruffy asleep)

• Thanks, PerttiA -- but I have no idea how these anomalies came to be, or how the word "scruffy" gets into a Daz URL.  

I've tried a System Restore -- and so far, the crashes seem to have gone away.  Still watching carefully.