DAZ Central fatal error message

Morning all.  Suddenly DAZ Central has decided it's not going to open; when I try to launch it, I keep getting the message 'DAZ Central has encountered a fatal error, and must close'.

Comments

• What operating system do you run? What security software? Had you, or the operating system on its own, carried out any updates before the issue started?

• Thanks, Richard.  Operating system is Windows 10, NVIDIA graphics card RTX 3070; security software is Bitdefender - and as you may remember, I've done a fair bit of moving my stuff around from C Drive to D Drive, with varying success; uninstalling and reinstalling Central and the Studio itself.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383
    edited January 2022

I don't have Central installed so I'm not positive where the log file would be located but you can try C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D and see if there is a folder named Daz Central and if there is go inside it and see if there is a file called log.txt. If so look and see what it says or attach it here so we can look at it.

Edit: Also check in Studio 4 folder and see if there is anything listed as Central that it may be in

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • frank0314 said:

I don't have Central installed so I'm not positive where the log file would be located but you can try C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D and see if there is a folder named Daz Central and if there is go inside it and see if there is a file called log.txt. If so look and see what it says or attach it here so we can look at it.

Edit: Also check in Studio 4 folder and see if there is anything listed as Central that it may be in

The Daz Central log is in the same palce as the Install Manager log - %AppData%/Daz 3D/InstallManager/log.txt

• frank0314 said:

Right - I've finally found the AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D but there's no folder named DazCentral.  Install Manager, yes.  Withing that one, a log.txt file opens in a Notepad doc, but it does say at the top the following;   +++++++ DazCentral 1.5.0.20 starting +++++++

I have no idea if that's the same file you were asking about.

• Yes, that is the log.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Yes, that is the log.

Great - now, Frank0314 mentioned I should attach it here so you could have a look at it. 

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    1M
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,471

That is the DS log, although it indicates that you are logging in to DS, which is not necessary when installing produts with DAZ Central or DAZ Install Manager (DIM)

• PerttiA said:

That is the DS log, although it indicates that you are logging in to DS, which is not necessary when installing produts with DAZ Central or DAZ Install Manager (DIM)

Ah, but it's DAZ Central that's the problem...   

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,471

Then you need to show the DAZ central log.