Sci-fi Rover: Titan by Petipet (suggested ladder mod)

I think the Sci-Fi Rover Titan, along with its trailers is awesome. It is my go-to land vericle for all sci-fi adventure renders.

However, it does have one problem in my opinion. That is that the front boarding ladder is not retractable and hangs down below the chasis. If it was a real rover it would get caught on uneven ground and frequently dammaged. It is also part of the hull so can't be easily moved or hidden.

To get around this issue I had a play in geometry editor to try to make it retractable. I managed to separate it and make it a separate bone from the hull, that way I can now hide it at the click of a mouse. Sadly, my attempts to make it retractable were unsuccesful.

As a sugestion, I think it would be great for the rover to be updated to include a retractable ladder. The upgrade/addon could also include an interior for the back of the rover.

I have also included an image showing the rover both with and without the ladder.

Rover ladder issue.jpg
2560 x 1440 - 2M

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601

products are rarely updated to add features, so I wouldn't hold your breath. Also many PAs never read the forums, so you might have better luck submitting a support ticket since DAZ handles all customer service for the PAs.