Forum Images not showing

marblemarble Posts: 7,449

I suspect this is not someting that is peculiar to my browser but I find that I browse threads and often the images are broken - they don't appear other than a little icon in the corner. Perhaps up to half of forum images are thus removed which makes following the threads somewaht difficult if not completely pointless.

Is this just another DAZ website SNAFU like the frequent 502 connection errors, the slow load times and the poor search facilities? Or is there something I can do with my browser, as in Ad-Block exceptions, etc?

Comments

• I wouldn't think it's ad-block. The images from the gallery are still in the daz3d.com domain. You shouldn't get to the forums if you had that blocked.

Do you have a URL of a broken image link?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322
    edited January 2022

This happens when  the image is no longer available. Some examples would be if the poster deleted the attachment (or galley image) that he used to post the image or in the case of older forum posts the link is broken by changes to the forum or the gallery.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Charlie Judge said:

This happens when  the image is no longer available. Some examples would be if the poster deleted the attachment (or galley image) that he used to post the image or in the case of older forum posts the link is broken by changes to the forum or the gallery.

That's what I thought but I began to doubt it as the broken images seem to be more recent and they are often (I think) screen-shots which I doubt would go in the gallery. Maybe some people use URLs instead of file attachments and the URLs don't exist for long? I always attach images to the post (Attach a file option). 

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Charlie Judge said:

I think that maybe I am actually looking at old posts but in recently active threads which, unless I actually take note of the dates on posts, I am not aware that some maybe years old even though the latest activity is today. 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383
    edited January 2022

I've ran into it a couple times over the last week but they were all older thread. I'd suspect that it is that the image had been removed from that source. Now that's not saying that it couldn't be happening with current images, I just haven't noticed it yet if it is. The forum has been pretty up and down of late and only seems to be getting worse.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691
    edited January 2022

With the last big "upgrade" to the DAZ gallery, all the image links to the gallery images were broken. Posts that referenced images in the gallery (that the poster hasn't taken the time and effort to fix) have that little icon in place of the original image. Of course not all images with broken links come from the upgrade. As others have noted, images that have been deleted from the gallery (or elsewhere) also have the icon as well. I actually went through and fixed all the broken links in my thread in Art Studio right after the upgrade (yes, my not overly dominant Type A personallity gets a little crazy sometimes).

Post edited by DustRider on