Map transfer tutorial HELP

Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,899
edited December 1969 in The Commons

The hardest thing about Daz3d is the lack of documentation for ANYTHING. Grr.

Ok, so I've looked at various map transfer tutorials and they are clear as mud.

Can someone walk me through how this works, for, say, trying to get Genesis to Genesis 2 Male?

Looking at the tutorial:
Start map transfer. Ok...
Load UV set. Um. From where?

Once I have stuff transferred (hopefully), how do I get it to work in another figure?

I'm so confused.

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

http://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-The-Map-Transfer-Utility-368686796

Quote:

"Now select one of the materials. It doesn't matter which. Click on the little icon in the upper left of the Surfaces tab; it looks like a small stylized sheet of paper with lines and a little arrow on it. It has many options, including Load UV Set and, just under that, Map Transfer. Click on Map Transfer."

• JerifeJerife Posts: 272
    edited December 2015

I must be mind clogged by the elections rally in my country these last days but I do not understand your tut SickleYieldfrown

But I've only read it once with the comments. I miss a general explanation based on concepts rather than this figure or the other. I am trying to use the tool and the only bitmap (jpg) that transfers is the Normal map. All the others are black. I will keep trying.

Thanks for your question Will, thanks for your tuts SickleYield

Post edited by Jerife on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,899
    What worked for me: Select figure. Go to Surfaces tab. Right click on upper left, create three templates (New Template three times) Drag all the face items (from list on the right) to template1, all the torso items to template 2, limbs to template 3. Select all the templates and items. Click on file path to place the results somewhere you want. Select what UV you want to convert to. Select file format and quality (I picked maximum, why not) Accept and wait. Unless you are missing some uv data, this should work, though not every conversion works really well. (I was unable to convert from V4 to V6, but V5 is good enough so hey)