Fast Grab - unpredictable

davesodaveso Posts: 6,440

why do some items stay in Fast Grab for days and others barely make it a day or so ... 

Comments

• I always assumed there was like a cap on how many they would sell of each item in the fast grab and when that number was reached they took it out. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,440

benniewoodell said:

I always assumed there was like a cap on how many they would sell of each item in the fast grab and when that number was reached they took it out. 

that could be for sure

• Yep. That's the nature of the beast. It's deliberately intended to be uncertain to provoke unplanned purchases by increasing 'before you miss it' anxiety. It is a well known, and not too nice, sales tactic.

Regards,

Richard.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,378

I think you can figure out the relative length of stay in Fastgrab by an item's position on the page. It used to be like that, at least. The lower on the page the item is located, the sooner it will 'drop out' at the bottom, so to speak, and be no longer in Fastgrab. Some items even start much lower down than others, like when one of OOT's was in it, it appeared on the second lowest tier on my screen, and it stayed for only 1 day. So might want to pay attention to that to give you at least some idea and maybe prevent too much impulse shopping ... wink

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,015
    edited January 2022

I still remember the time they put a very expensive product in fastgrab, advertized it in the newsletter -- for an excellent to the customer price --- ONLY ONE.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,330

If you set the filter at the top of the page to "Trending Now" you'll see which products are currently selling at an accelerated rate. Both fastgrab and flash sales give you an incentive to check back often.  

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited January 2022

daveso said:

why do some items stay in Fast Grab for days and others barely make it a day or so ... 

I don't know why... I could speculate, but it that would probably either end in penguin and chinchilla based conspiracies or my post being removed.

But since you asked the question as such, "some items stay in Fast Grab for days and others barely make it a day or so"... I'm curious if you mean "the whole set changes after a day or several days" or you are asking if "some items within the set change after a day or several days"...

I ask that because for years it seems like the whole set changes at once... yet the page header still says "New Items Added Daily" which is not what appears is happening (to me)... it always looks like there is a bunch of stuff, sometimes semi-related themes or something that sits around a bit and then after a few days it's an entirely different bunch of items... occasionally it does change much quicker, but I must have missed most of those times, as I don't recall seeing that any time recently.

I'm assuming others check Fast Grab more often than me.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • McGyver said:

daveso said:

I don't know why... I could speculate, but it that would probably either end in penguin and chinchilla based conspiracies or my post being removed.

But since you asked the question as such, "some items stay in Fast Grab for days and others barely make it a day or so"... I'm curious if you mean "the whole set changes after a day or several days" or you are asking if "some items within the set change after a day or several days"...

I ask that because for years it seems like the whole set changes at once... yet the page header still says "New Items Added Daily" which is not what appears is happening (to me)... it always looks like there is a bunch of stuff, sometimes semi-related themes or something that sits around a bit and then after a few days it's an entirely different bunch of items... occasionally it does change much quicker, but I must have missed most of those times, as I don't recall seeing that any time recently.

Items do get chnaged while others remain. For PA items I believe the duration is specified by the PA.

On the very old store FastGrab was a limited number of items, and could change several times in a day.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,773

Just get the item when you see it for a price that works for you!

McGyver said:

daveso said:

My routine here is to check fastgrab and then check to see if there are any free items. More items are added every day, but I'm not really sure if that entire stack goes away as one group. I think some of them dwindle for awhile. I guess that could be my next project - screen shot every day to see how it works.  

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,822

sometimes it's more of a slow grope cheeky

other times a snatch surprise

WendyLuvsCatz said:

sometimes it's more of a slow grope cheeky

other times a snatch surprise

yes laugh