Is it allowed to mention, link other sites here?

Sometimes a discussion is related to other content selling sites. Is it allowed to post links here to those sites or specific products sold there?

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,167

Unsolicited links are not permitted, nor are links to certain sites (Renderotica because of the explicit content, some other sites because they sell unlicensed game rips and other illicit content). I'm sure Richard won't be far behind to give a more detailed answer, but that's the general guideline as I understand it.

• cgidesigncgidesign Posts: 433

Thanks and a question:

What means "unsolicited" in this case? The translations I found describe it as "not requested" or "unwanted". But I think here it has a different meaning?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,167

Basically it means that you can't post a link to an off-site product unless someone asks for it. If, for example, someone is asking for an identification of a particular outfit that was used in a product promo, and that outfit is available on Renderosity, you could post a link to it.

• cgidesigncgidesign Posts: 433

Ok, then the translations are right. Thanks.

• ..an don't, whatever you do, mention iDuplicate after 6 and before 8 (not it's real name).

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,388
    edited January 2022

Yes @gordig is right in both his posts. You can only post a link to a competing store if it is asked for otherwise it is considered unsolicited. With linking to freebie's, if there is a price tag anywhere on the page it is also off limits and considered the same.

Edit to add. You are allowed to mention a pack name and/or who it is created by but not name the store or advertise that it is on any kind of sale.

Post edited by frank0314 on