Import and Export not on my File menu?

coffeebarcoffeebar Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hello! I just got the software, and have only been playing with it briefly, but I do not see the import and export functions under my file menu.

My file menu has only the following options: New, Open, Merge, Save, Save last Render, Exit. There is not even a grayed out Import or Export option. Am I using the wrong version of DS4, or did I fail to enable some feature?

I am interested in exporting in .u3d format, specifically.

Comments

• coffeebarcoffeebar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Resolved - my apologies, I did post this twice here and in nuts and bolts, worried that I was in the wrong forum.

The issue was that I was using the "full service" newbie workspace.

------------------------------------------

Hello! I just got the software, and have only been playing with it briefly, but I do not see the import and export functions under my file menu.

My file menu has only the following options: New, Open, Merge, Save, Save last Render, Exit. There is not even a grayed out Import or Export option. Am I using the wrong version of DS4, or did I fail to enable some feature?

I am interested in exporting in .u3d format, specifically.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,175
    edited December 1969

Assuming this is DAZ Studio 4, it sounds as if you are using the Full Service (beta) layout - that hides many of the more advanced features in favour of a guided approach using standard content. Go to Window>Workspace>Select Layout... and choose one of the other layouts to get the full range of options.

edited December 1969

THANK YOU! This was, in fact, the case! You are an absolute genius, my heartfelt thanks!!!!

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You will need to change your layout, go to Window > Workspace > Layouts, and change to one of the other ones that suit you. You may be using the Beta layout, change to Holly wood Blvd and see if that helps.

edited December 1969

Thank you so much! I got it!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,175
    edited December 1969

I've merged the two threads.