Auto-Fit Tool help?

It's been nearly six months since I last messed around with DAZ and on a whim of artistic ambition downloaded DS 4. I registered it and started looking at free content and discovered the auto-fit tool was on the list, so of course I downloaded it. After reading the little adobe file, finding my serial number and following the directions to the best of my ability, I can't seem to get it 'installed'.

There is no register button as it says in the instructions so I click on the serial box next to the auto-fit plugin and paste my serial number in. There is no accept option and the 'OK' button down at the bottom of the plugin box greys out so the only option I have is to cancel.

Please, please, please someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've restarted a dozen times now in the hopes that something would change. I've scoured the internet. I've double checked my serial number and even hand typed it in a few times now. I will be eternally grateful to anyone who can show me how to do this properly.

Hoping that all my non-genesis stuff doesn't go to waste,
Shadow

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Autofit is now an integral part of DS4P, there is no need to download it seperately, or to enter a serial number. You may need to re-install DS4P to get rid of the extra one that you installed.

Autofit will only appear when you are loading Gen4 clothing onto Genesis.

• darkgoddessnightdarkgoddessnight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Since I downloaded DS4, everytime I try to fit something to the genesis figure that isn't for genesis, it says something like this item is for something else, if you purchase the auto-fit plugin you can fit it to the figure, then it gives me an option to cancel or fit anyway. When I click on plugin info in the help menu, it is showing that the autofit plugin is not active. When I click on the plugin itself, it says that it needs to be registered.

I will try to reinstall it and see what happens.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What version of DS4P are you using? To find out, go to Help > About DAZ Stduio.

You may have an oldere version, and you would need to reset you download from your order history to get the latest version.

• darkgoddessnightdarkgoddessnight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've already uninstalled, so I don't know what version it was, but I just downloaded it from the site a few days ago. I'm redownloading it now so I can reinstall. I didn't have to go to my order history previously expect to get my serial number to register, but I think it was Daz studio 4 standard and not pro. Hopefully the reinstall will get it all sorted out.