Anyone have the old Hunter's Moon product?

Anyone have the old Hunter's Moon product? The skydome for the poser hunter's moon is asking for an obj file, but one isn't included in the download. Is there something actually missing or does it need to 'find' a file from the base multiplane cyclorama files?

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

I tried loading it, and it seems to be working here for both the millenium environment and the multiplane cyclorama.  I didn't locate an obj file in the product folder unless I'm just overlooking it.  Note that it appears to be a material set for several other products (although the description is a bit vague and sounds as though maybe it replaces rather than depends on them), maybe you are missing all of the base products if one of them is needed?  (tall Millennium Environment, the Multiplane Cyclorama and the Woodland Realm Playsets).  Since it can be used for several objects, that also means you can try loading it several ways if you own more than one product.  If so, see if one of the other two works better. 

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305
    edited November 2021

You'll need the https://www.daz3d.com/millennium-environment for it....

(Or the even older muliplane cyclorama or woodland playsets...)

Post edited by glaseye on
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724

Thanks ... I have that, too, and will re-install that to find out why it's not automatically linking. thanks :)

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305

LoL, I just found the set on my old render machine, hidden in one of the poser runtimes.... When 'clicking' on the hunter's moon set in DS, everything still loaded fine, without errors, so I guess it may indeed be a case of 'proper' installment .(Still trying to figure out what DAZ's idea of proper installment is, but well, old school PC user here from the DOS era, pretty used to finding files.... wink)

edited November 2021

Daz organization leaves a lot to be desired, for sure! I've lost so much of what I've spent thousands of dollars on and feel compelled to re-organize ... So ... of the two runtime/character folders (DAZ environment & environment), which one is for the mill environment and which one is for the multiplane cyclorama? 

edit ... I just figured it out, I think, lol. now to re-organize the rest of these ... part of why I have been reminded of them is they actually play nice with iray lighting (which I'm still getting used to) with very little ta-do and take up very little resources and are easy to customize and modify.

I also relocated the related skydome and made notes/thumbnails to remind me it's in props and not figures.

Post edited by WillowRaven on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646

WillowRaven said:

Daz organization leaves a lot to be desired, for sure! I've lost so much of what I've spent thousands of dollars on and feel compelled to re-organize ... So ... of the two runtime/character folders (DAZ environment & environment), which one is for the mill environment and which one is for the multiplane cyclorama? 

DAZ Enviroment is the mill environment, Environment is the mutiplane cyclorama and the Woodland Playset. Naming convention for Multiplane cyclorama is LS_hmcyc....., convention for Woodland Playset is LS_hmwp...

Good ... I got it right, lol. I don't know how, but somehow all of these and their add-on sets got tossed into one massive 'environments' file and I never use them because I can't remember what's for what ... so re-organizing is my current challenge. thanks for the help.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited November 2021

WillowRaven said:

edit ... I just figured it out, I think, lol. now to re-organize the rest of these ... part of why I have been reminded of them is they actually play nice with iray lighting (which I'm still getting used to) with very little ta-do and take up very little resources and are easy to customize and modify.

I also relocated the related skydome and made notes/thumbnails to remind me it's in props and not figures.

If you are using them with Iray are you using them in DAZ Studio? If so all the early environments, ME, MPC and WP, and most if not all their addons were updated to current DS standards (3Delight materials) with data folders instead of OBJ in the Geometries folder and native duf files.

Check your Product Library for files ending DS. Sorry if I've misunderstood.

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • I own this, along with most of the old Cyclorama add ons. Haven't used them in a while though.

I think you can just pull the textures and use them with newer products. Things like Jepes and Billboards come to mind. There's also a more recent background scenery product that I forget the name of at the moment. You would need to work on the scaling of them, but might be easier than getting the old products up and running.