Strand Based Hair: Head Not on the List!

JCarverJCarver Posts: 35
edited November 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion

Here's a weird and unexpected dilemma: I'm trying out the strand based hair tool, and I'm using the Tathar figure, and on the list for selecting places for hair to grow, the head is NOT there! The face is there, and many other body parts, but not the one thing you would expect hair to grow lol. Does this problem sound familiar to anyone? Thanks a bunch!

UPDATE: It appears that the "head" listing is only available on genesis 8.1 figures, not even on regular genesis 8. Something must be wrong here.frown

Post edited by JCarver on

Comments

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

No.  There's nothing wrong there.  Strand based hair is generated from the surface of a figure and "head" is not one of the surface zones, except on Genesis 8.1.  If you select your figure, and look in the surfaces pane there will be a list of the various surfaces on whatever figure you're using and it will probably make a bit more sense.

• I see it, thanks for the clarification.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,017

Genesis 8 has a "torso" surface which was split into "head" and "body" surfaces for Genesis 8.1.

• JCarverJCarver Posts: 35

Leana said:

Genesis 8 has a "torso" surface which was split into "head" and "body" surfaces for Genesis 8.1.

Thank you Leana! That would've been really helpful to know. I found out how to convert gen 8 to 8.1, but now that I know it's the "torso" option, I don't have to convert every single one of my characters. laugh