Unwanted Thumbnails In Smart Content Pane

masterharper64masterharper64 Posts: 24
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Can anybody tell me how to delete unwanted thumbnails from the SmartContent pane. I have a number of these in my Unassigned folder and as they are finished with, they are taking up space unneccesarily. I have already deleted the files from the parent folder, but am left with a large number of empty boxes which I would rather get rid of.

Comments

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,863
    edited December 1969

I´d like to know that as well! My unassigned folder is full of old scenes and I can´t seem to find out how to get rid of them.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you do a "Scan Known Directories For Files" it will remove any thumbnails for files that no longer exist.

• masterharper64masterharper64 Posts: 24
    edited December 1969

If you do a "Scan Known Directories For Files" it will remove any thumbnails for files that no longer exist.

Thanks for your reply, Mike. At the risk of sounding like a real idiot, I can't find it in the context menus. How do I perform this scan

Masterharper

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,123
    edited December 1969

It's the Content Library option menu - lined button in the top corner of the pane, or right-click the tab.

edited December 1969

It did not remove the thumbnails of old scenes in Smart Content under Unassigned. Could it be because I am not saving the scenes in to the same directories where all my other items are?

edited December 1969

Toyen said:
    It did not remove the thumbnails of old scenes in Smart Content under Unassigned. Could it be because I am not saving the scenes in to the same directories where all my other items are?

Are the scene files still on your hard drive?

edited March 2015

Hey there mike!

The ones I didn´t want I deleted long time ago but their thumbnails under Smart Content´s "Unassigned" are still there.

thumbs.png
    102 x 217 - 12K
    Post edited by Toyen on
    edited December 1969

Toyen said:
    Hey there mike!

The ones I didn´t want I deleted long time ago but their thumbnails under Smart Content´s "Unassigned" are still there.

Can you select them all, right-click and choose "Remove Orphaned References"?

edited December 1969

Toyen said:
    Hey there mike!

Can you select them all, right-click and choose "Remove Orphaned References"?

ETA: Do this in Content Library > Categories > Unassigned if it isn't working from the Smart Content pane.

edited December 1969

Deleting them from the Content Library worked! Thanks a lot : )