Cant find poses for Medea Hair

trsmithtrsmith Posts: 19
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I just downloaded and installed this hair, but the poses and adjustments don't show up like they do for all other hair I've installed. When I select the hair and look at it n the parameters pane, only three adjustments show up- "Back Out", "Right Out" and "Left Out". I've never seen this before.

Any ideas?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Try selecting the neck node of the hair rather than the root -- older Poser-format hair often had the morphs on the neck, and this hair does have a V4 version so it may also.

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557
    edited December 1969

Neck doesn't work, either. I tried every node. The dsf's are in the data file, but the pose "dials" are not showing up in the ui.

• lcfarlcfar Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

I see the same thing, only three morph dials for G2F version. I loaded the V4 version and all the morph dials are showing up for it.

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Confirmed. No morphs anywhere except for 3 adjustment morphs: back out, left out, right out. Tried "show hidden" and no luck there either.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,821
    edited December 1969

I filed a ticket on this myself, reporting as a bug.

There's something seriously wrong with both versions of Medea Hair. I installed the CR2 version for Victoria 4 as well. The morphs do exist in that version, in a separate group called "Other". However, most of them simply don't work at all.

It looks like there's probably a typo, or a series of typos, in the CR2 and DUF. The CR2 doesn't actually report any errors on load or when you try to use one of the morphs. However, the G2F version basically goes insane in the logfile:

<br /> C:/Users/vwrangler/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/data/SWAM/Medea Hair/Medea Hair/Morphs/SWAM/Base/ADJ Base out.dsf (40,4): Syntax Error - expected ',' or '}'<br /> C:/Users/vwrangler/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/data/SWAM/Medea Hair/Medea Hair/Morphs/SWAM/Base/ADJ Long forw_l.dsf (40,4): Syntax Error - expected ',' or '}'<br /> C:/Users/vwrangler/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/data/SWAM/Medea Hair/Medea Hair/Morphs/SWAM/Base/ADJ Long forw_r.dsf (40,4): Syntax Error - expected ',' or '}'<br /> C:/Users/vwrangler/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/data/SWAM/Medea Hair/Medea Hair/Morphs/SWAM/Base/ADJ shldrs back_l.dsf (40,4): Syntax Error - expected ',' or '}'<br /> C:/Users/vwrangler/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/data/SWAM/Medea Hair/Medea Hair/Morphs/SWAM/Base/ADJ shldrs back_r.dsf (40,4): Syntax Error - expected ',' or '}'<br /> C:/Users/vwrangler/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/data/SWAM/Medea Hair/Medea Hair/Morphs/SWAM/Base/ADJ shldrs forw_l.dsf (40,4): Syntax Error - expected ',' or '}'<br /> C:/Users/vwrangler/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/data/SWAM/Medea Hair/Medea Hair/Morphs/SWAM/Base/ADJ shldrs forw_r.dsf (40,4): Syntax Error - expected ',' or '}'<br /> C:/Users/vwrangler/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/data/SWAM/Medea Hair/Medea Hair/Morphs/SWAM/Base/ADJ shldrs side_l.dsf (40,4): Syntax Error - expected ',' or '}'<br /> [...]<br />

... and so on and so forth for every single morph.

Hopefully, it will be a relatively simple fix, at least in the G2F version. Since the V4 version morphs load, but don't work, I don't know if that's going to be more complicated or not.

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557
    edited December 1969

Got a response from zendesk, acknowledging the problem, and promising to report when it's fixed.

Ho hum...

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Thanks for letting us know! :)

• lcfarlcfar Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

An update for Medea Hair for G2F just showed up in DIM. I downloaded and installed it and the morphs are now showing and all the ones I tried worked. No update for the V4 version. However, I noticed that the Medea Hair Add-on is also missing morphs. Neither the Tail or Updo are showing any morphs at all, even though the morphs are in the data folder.

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,039
    edited December 1969

Where are the beads? There are texture options for the beads, but where do you find the beads themselves?