Posing Question- Choosing rotation point

trsmithtrsmith Posts: 19

Is there a way to rotate a figure about a point other than the bottom of the feet? I would like to be able to choose the rotation point- say I am trying to pose a figure lying on the ground, it would be nice to rotate about the pelvis rather than the feet.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

If in DAZ Studio:

When an object loads in with the universal manipulator way off center, to change the pivot point: Select the item that you need to move the pivot point on in the Scene pane, then select Tools > Joint Editor. In each of several viewports, locate (it might be out of view) and drag the center of the green XYZ-axis-marker-looking-thingy to where you want the item to pivot.

• trsmithtrsmith Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

Thank you! That will be really useful.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

You shouldn't really need to change the pivot point. When you have the figure first selected, the manipulator will be at the feet as that is the figure's origin point. You normally do not want to move or rotate a figure by this, but by the hip. I would suggest you open the figure's hierarchy in the scene tab and select the hip and move/rotate the full figure that way.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

The hip is the main pivit point of the figure and should be used to set the overall rotaion.

The base rotaion and translation of the figure is best used for placing the figure in your scene.

• trsmithtrsmith Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

That's a great tip, too. Thanks.