Legacy Rigging Clothing tutorial

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited December 1969 in Freebies

V4 being the target figure.
Focused on the how to group for legacy rigging for those coming from the old ways.
D/S4 works in its own ways.

D/S4.6
Hexagon 2.whatever

I honestly don't recommend legacy rigging clothing for fun.
Life is too short. Genesis is so much easier to make clothing for and one can use the V4/M4 shape morphs. Be nice to yourselves.

However, this is how it's done:
DA Link

I have read and there is possibly more information available for much more advanced legacy rigging in D/S4 however for most requirements the basics are quite enough.

Legacy_Rigging_Clothing_promo.png
732 x 947 - 184K

Comments

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I really like your tutorials, they helped me out a great deal already :)

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Thank you for posting this.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited February 2015

All welcome :-)

If one sticks to the idea of "close fitting" and avoiding things like long skirts ... and possibly by making some basic models from which to work from for future clothing items, the process would become less tedious {I hope}.

My big moment today was having Poser create a .cr2 file, my first. I did absolutely no rigging on it but this model badly needed a new .cr2 file that would work in D/S.

It is rigged and does work, yes!

jiji.png
    2000 x 2000 - 5M
    Post edited by patience55 on
  • MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the tutorial. I was lately curios what rigging is :) and searched a bit on DAZ Documentation. Then I saw this tutorial. Still a bit new to all that :D

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Rigging is what makes the figures posable. Clothing rigged to fit a particular figure has to be using the same bone structure so it can move with the figure.

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited December 1969

Thank You, now I understand what is it :)