Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.20.0.17! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,954

takezo_3001 said:

Great thing about this Beta, my Genesis characters load much, much faster, I mean a full 4-5 minutes faster, the bad news is that Daz broke some scripts for my favorite plugins, specifically Zev0's X-Transfer!

Just use a pre-Face Transfer release of Genesis8 and your chars will load in literally four seconds with all the morphs you want installed. I have 2000+ morphs for G8 and my chars loads almost immediately. Don't worry, Face Transfer will work anyway but with just a small error popup, the result will be fine, fully functional.

About the plugin, if you can use that in a previous release of DAZ Studio installed in a separate folder (4.12 is the most reliable), do the transfers and then use those in the version you like the most.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,953
    edited January 2022

Imago said:

takezo_3001 said:

Great thing about this Beta, my Genesis characters load much, much faster, I mean a full 4-5 minutes faster, the bad news is that Daz broke some scripts for my favorite plugins, specifically Zev0's X-Transfer!

Just use a pre-Face Transfer release of Genesis8 and your chars will load in literally four seconds with all the morphs you want installed. I have 2000+ morphs for G8 and my chars loads almost immediately. Don't worry, Face Transfer will work anyway but with just a small error popup, the result will be fine, fully functional.

About the plugin, if you can use that in a previous release of DAZ Studio installed in a separate folder (4.12 is the most reliable), do the transfers and then use those in the version you like the most.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, I can use the plugin quite fine with the general release, so I don't really need to use version 12 or any previous release, I also only use that version for character development, and do my main work with the Beta, plus, I rely heavily on PBR shaders for G 8.1, my issue with the beta is that these broken scripts are going to remain broken going forward, which really sucks, but that's the nature of the beast with software development.

So hopefully Zev0 will address this issue with an update soon... 

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • Just want to point out a big with this software. Not sure what was done but i have a friend with the same issue so it can't just be me.

Whenever you use a certain hair I'd say with Dforce it seems to make the application kind of unstable to the point where when you're trying to move joints it lags a whole lot. I have tried relaunching closing other processes that migth be hogging space but nothing has seemed to help. I'm not sure what they've done but it's a bug I'd say with this current version that makes it unusable to an extend so maybe the daz staff could possible look into this problem?

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,953

AxisOfEvilUSA said:

Just want to point out a big with this software. Not sure what was done but i have a friend with the same issue so it can't just be me.

Whenever you use a certain hair I'd say with Dforce it seems to make the application kind of unstable to the point where when you're trying to move joints it lags a whole lot. I have tried relaunching closing other processes that migth be hogging space but nothing has seemed to help. I'm not sure what they've done but it's a bug I'd say with this current version that makes it unusable to an extend so maybe the daz staff could possible look into this problem?

FYI, the forums are the worst place to report bugs as the developers rarely read the forums, so your best bet would be to write a ticket to tech support to report the bug. 

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,791

takezo_3001 said:

FYI, the forums are the worst place to report bugs as the developers rarely read the forums, so your best bet would be to write a ticket to tech support to report the bug. 

I always thought the the purpose of this forum thread was to report beta bugs.  If it isn't, there should be a sticky post on how to report bugs...

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,120

Sharing information is good.

That is what the public beta is all about.

Not sure this is actually a bug though.

Could just be a resource problem, or rather a lack of.

Some of those strand based hairs can drag even the most powerful PCs down to a crawl.

I do use hair with dforce alot(Linday's stuff mostly) and don't notice any viewport lag at all.

A little more info would be fantastic.

like;

What hair specifically are you working with?

What are your system specs(GPU RAM CPU)?

If others can reproduce the problem, it will be easier to find a solution for it.

• IceCrMn said:

Sharing information is good.

That is what the public beta is all about.

Not sure this is actually a bug though.

Could just be a resource problem, or rather a lack of.

Some of those strand based hairs can drag even the most powerful PCs down to a crawl.

I do use hair with dforce alot(Linday's stuff mostly) and don't notice any viewport lag at all.

A little more info would be fantastic.

like;

What hair specifically are you working with?

What are your system specs(GPU RAM CPU)?

If others can reproduce the problem, it will be easier to find a solution for it.

I said in my post that i closed anything that might of been hogging resources and such it's not a resource problem

It's the nash hair btw 

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-nash-hair-for-genesis-8

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,723

You don't need much to fill that 8GB's of RAM, and then your computer starts crawling as it is using your disk as an extension to RAM 

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,062

Just here to inform that this new .40 version solved the shader mixer issue I mentioned in my previous post (well done!).

I also want to mention an issue which is not properly speaking a bug, but something which is annoying enough to prevent me from working in the public version : the panes, when you undock them, lost their hability to "maximize" in the screen you want. For multiscreen user as I am (2 screens) this is a real pain, because when you maximise them (fit to screen), or their width or height (fit width/ fit height), they seem to only see my first (main screen), and totally ignore my second screen. So if I want to panes to be maximized in two different screens (or even only one pane maximized on my second screen) this is not possible for me (of course I can fit their size to the first screen and move them and place them into the second screen, but this is not optimal). So here is my question :

Is there a simple way to maximise (fit to screen) an undocked pane in the screen I want (and not automatically in the "left" screen for instance)? Is there a configuration setting that I did not see for that?

V3Digitimes said:

Is there a simple way to maximise (fit to screen) an undocked pane in the screen I want (and not automatically in the "left" screen for instance)? Is there a configuration setting that I did not see for that? 

"Make undockable" was such, but it was recently removed... One of the reasons I haven't updated from 4.15 

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,954

takezo_3001 said:

Even reporting them to the right channel you get the same result: Nothing.

There are bugs we have since six years, reported so many times that I can't even remember and they are still here in this new beta. And they added more, 70% of my 3Delight shaders doesn't work properly in these latest releases.

Grab 4.12.0.86 and keep it forever, because it's the only one where things works as they should.

@PerttiA : for me "Make Undockable" still works on 4.16.03, this is why it's the version I'm currently developping on. Don't know what I'll do if the public becomes the release...

V3Digitimes said:

@PerttiA : for me "Make Undockable" still works on 4.16.03, this is why it's the version I'm currently developping on. Don't know what I'll do if the public becomes the release...

According to the change log, the options were removed in 4.15.1.72;

• Removed obsolete actions from pane group/pane option menus

• “Make Pane Undockable” (when docked)

• “Make Pane Group Undockable” (when docked)

• “Make Pane Dockable” (when undockable)

• “Make Pane Group Dockable” (when undockable)

• “Undockable” pane groups (undocked pane groups nested in dialogs) in saved layouts are now substituted with “undocked” pane groups

• Docking behavior changed significantly in 4.6.4.4 - at which point the reason for “undockable” pane groups became obsolete

• Updated public API documentation; DzSkeleton, DzFigure, DzSkinBinding, DzBoneBinding, DzBulgeBinding, DzLegacyFigure, DzLegacyAlternateGeometry, DzLegacyBinding, DzWeightMap

DAZ Studio : Incremented build number to 4.15.1.72

edited February 2022

Yes I saw the changelog file. I don't know, maybe it did not disappear for all panes, or maybre there is an unknown special reason that it still works for me in 4.16.0.3. Anyway, it's true that in all the public builds after this version, the undockable advantages were removed and that Daz Studio never understood that I had two screens and in which screen I wanted to "fit size" of my panes...

Post edited by V3Digitimes on

At the time I commented at the change log and I was told to make a feature request...

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 748

@AxisOfEvilUSA I noticed a similar problem with another short hair (I don't think it was Nash) in .34 (but I'm not sure it's specific to that version).  When I added the hair to the viewport character moves became unuseably slow.  In particular things like anibones or using the universal control to move joints was impossible - no response.

I've seen this before and thought it was provoked by smoothing, so I turned all smoothing off.  Didn't help.  Other times I have examples where it happened after hair simulation but not before, not here.  This time even hiding the hair didn't help.  I ended up having to delete the hair completely, pose the character, and only add the hair back before rendering.

I suspect it is something to do with morph processing.  From the log it looked like the hair was responding, very slowly, to morphs so any joint movement took significant time to resolve.  I did not try unparenting the hair; if it is a morph problem that should solve it.   If character load times have been fixed in .40 (they were maybe improved but certainly not fixed in .34) that may affect it either for better or worse because the character load time problem was also caused by morph processing (the "sum stage formulas" but other stuff as well).  It sounds like there might have been a concious effort to delay or paralleize the morphs WRT character load; hair morphs not completing until well after the load completed and the viewport UI fired up.

• Hi, 

Is there a way to keep tools in a fixed position on a second monitor full hd, while main app is on 4k monitor?

• PerttiA said:

At the time I commented at the change log and I was told to make a feature request...

The behvaviour was subsequently changed/enhanced http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_15_1_81

Richard Haseltine said:

PerttiA said:

The behvaviour was subsequently changed/enhanced http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_15_1_81

Sounds promising, but too bad the beta can't be manually downloaded to try.

• Olo_OrdinaireOlo_Ordinaire Posts: 681
    edited February 2022

I'm seeing a new pattern of failure with the new 4.16.1.40 Public Beta.   It has become very intolerant of changes to emissive surfaces or lighting while the Iray preview is running.   All it takes is changing the brightness of an emitter, or rotating the HDRI skydome to preview lighting.  After doing this a few times, I see stuff like this in the log and have to save the scene, exit DAZ Studio and restart it in order to continue using Iray -- either for preview or rendering:

DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.10  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 1 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080): an illegal memory access was encountered (while launching CUDA renderer in <internal>:937)
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.943 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.10  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 1 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080): Failed to launch renderer
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.943 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.22  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 1 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080): Device failed while rendering
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.943 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.22  IRAY   rend warn : CUDA device 1 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080) is no longer available for rendering.
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.946 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.22  IRAY   rend warn : Re-rendering iteration because of device failure
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.946 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.2   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti): an illegal memory access was encountered (while resolving mapped memory)
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.947 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.2   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti): an illegal memory access was encountered (while launching CUDA renderer in <internal>:491)
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.947 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.22  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 1 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080): an illegal memory access was encountered (while de-allocating memory)
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.947 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.22  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 1 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080): an illegal memory access was encountered (while de-allocating memory)
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.947 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.2   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti): Failed to launch renderer
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.947 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.13  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti): Device failed while rendering
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.948 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.22  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 1 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080): an illegal memory access was encountered (while de-allocating memory)
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.948 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.13  IRAY   rend warn : CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti) is no longer available for rendering.
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.948 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.22  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 1 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080): an illegal memory access was encountered (while de-allocating memory)
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.949 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.22  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 1 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080): an illegal memory access was encountered (while de-allocating memory)
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.950 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.13  IRAY   rend warn : All available GPUs failed.
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.950 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.13  IRAY   rend error: Fallback to CPU not allowed.
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.951 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.13  IRAY   rend warn : Re-rendering iteration because of device failure
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.951 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.13  IRAY   rend error: All workers failed: aborting render
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.951 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.13  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti): an illegal memory access was encountered (while de-allocating memory)
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.951 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.13  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti): an illegal memory access was encountered (while de-allocating memory)
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.952 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.13  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti): an illegal memory access was encountered (while de-allocating memory)
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.952 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.13  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti): an illegal memory access was encountered (while de-allocating memory)
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.952 [ERROR] Iray :: Internal rendering error.

Just FYI, and good luck to the guy assigned to track this one down !

Cheers,

Olo

Post edited by Olo_Ordinaire on
  • marius_ifmarius_if Posts: 48
    edited February 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

PerttiA said:

Thank you very much for the kind support, Sir Richard Haseltine. This is awesome news. 

My deepest love and consideration to the developers, if I knew some rejuvenating pills allowing to live longer than the pyramids, Rob and some wonderful souls are on the very top of the list. 

Of course I have patience, I shall keep looking for flaws in the betas. I haven't managed in the last decades to find something relevant but, there is still hope.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Olo_Ordinaire said:

I'm seeing a new pattern of failure with the new 4.16.1.40 Public Beta.   It has become very intolerant of changes to emissive surfaces or lighting while the Iray preview is running.   All it takes is changing the brightness of an emitter, or rotating the HDRI skydome to preview lighting.  After doing this a few times, I see stuff like this in the log and have to save the scene, exit DAZ Studio and restart it in order to continue using Iray -- either for preview or rendering:

DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.10  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 1 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080): an illegal memory access was encountered (while launching CUDA renderer in <internal>:937)
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.943 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.10  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 1 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080): Failed to launch renderer
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.943 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.22  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 1 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080): Device failed while rendering
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.943 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.22  IRAY   rend warn : CUDA device 1 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080) is no longer available for rendering.
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.946 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.22  IRAY   rend warn : Re-rendering iteration because of device failure
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.946 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.2   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti): an illegal memory access was encountered (while resolving mapped memory)
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.947 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.2   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti): an illegal memory access was encountered (while launching CUDA renderer in <internal>:491)
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.947 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.2   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti): Failed to launch renderer
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.947 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.13  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti): Device failed while rendering
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.948 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.13  IRAY   rend warn : CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti) is no longer available for rendering.
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.949 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.22  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 1 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080): an illegal memory access was encountered (while de-allocating memory)
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.950 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.13  IRAY   rend warn : All available GPUs failed.
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.950 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.13  IRAY   rend error: Fallback to CPU not allowed.
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.951 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.13  IRAY   rend warn : Re-rendering iteration because of device failure
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.951 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.13  IRAY   rend error: All workers failed: aborting render
    2022-02-01 13:41:44.952 [ERROR] Iray :: Internal rendering error.

Just FYI, and good luck to the guy assigned to track this one down !

Cheers,

Olo

Wheer you have Iray [severity] those are messages passed from iray, DS juist adds the timestamp. It's only the ones where the [severity] comes immediately after the timestamp thata re DS-side. That means it is probably a system resource, driver, or Iray issue that is causing your problems.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Wheer you have Iray [severity] those are messages passed from iray, DS juist adds the timestamp. It's only the ones where the [severity] comes immediately after the timestamp thata re DS-side. That means it is probably a system resource, driver, or Iray issue that is causing your problems.

Ok, thanks Richard.  I had updated my Nvida drivers to v511.65 immediately before updating DAZ Studio to the new Public Release build.  That's a lot of change in one burst, so like they say, "It could be ANYTHING..."  laugh

Olo

• Dolce SaitoDolce Saito Posts: 148
    edited February 2022

Dolce Saito said:

"Error preparing objects to simulate" everywhere :)

Is this something known? On nearly everything?

Nv driver is the latest.

At the end of the log (immediately after collision offsets):

2022-01-26 11:13:34.452 [INFO] :: Shortest spring had length: 0.0221572
    2022-01-26 11:13:35.850 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\src\dzdynamicsengine.cpp(3293): ERROR: clFinish (-36)
    2022-01-26 11:13:36.049 [INFO] :: Total Simulation Time: 4.71 seconds
    2022-01-26 11:14:16.141 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\src\dzdynamicsengine.cpp(2489): ERROR: clEnqueueMapBuffer (-36)
    2022-01-26 11:14:16.148 [INFO] :: Total Simulation Time: 0.82 seconds

I solved my own mistery. Long story short, the problem is that DAZ's dForce kernel library compilation process is not compatible with the new nvidia OpenCL 3.0 (OpenCL NVVM Compiler V7). I had to remove path variable which tells nvidia to use V7, then re-installed the driver. This caused Daz to re-compile kernels with older cl compiler and problem solved.

Post edited by Dolce Saito on
  • Dolce Saito said:

I solved my own mistery...  not compatible with the new nvidia cl compiler V7. ...

remove path variable which tells nvidia to use V7

Do you mind explaining this in more detail?

Which path variable are you referring to?

The only Nvidia related entry I found in the Windows environment variables is:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common

• It looks like my Iray halting problems were easily resolved.  After I restarted my PC the day after I saw the errors, the Iray preview seems to have gone back to normal behavior.

I think I had become spoiled by NVidia's smooth driver updates that don't require a system reboot and just started using DAZ Studio immediately after the update. I guess that in this case, a system reboot is recommended after updating NVidia drivers.

Cheers!

Olo

• cgidesign said:

Dolce Saito said:

I solved my own mistery...  not compatible with the new nvidia cl compiler V7. ...

remove path variable which tells nvidia to use V7

Do you mind explaining this in more detail?

Which path variable are you referring to?

The only Nvidia related entry I found in the Windows environment variables is:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common

I am interested in OpenCL itself. So, in order to toy around V3, you have to use a custom made environment variable to enable nvvm compiler V7 (NVCL_USE_NVVM70_COMPILER=1).

Apparently, it effects dForce Kernel Compilation process. As a result, you get some compiled kernels which are not compatible with the current dForce implementation. Thus, simulation always failed.

This switch (NVCL_USE_NVVM70_COMPILER) is defined in https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/511.65/511.65-win11-win10-release-notes.pdf , under the title "Enabling the OpenCL NVVM 7.0 Compiler"

• VEGAVEGA Posts: 86

I don't know, if anyone brought this, I already did in bug report, didn't get fixed. The Iray statistics from the small window disapeared, texture memory, geometry etc. I don't know why they did it, or what's so hard on bringing them back. It was a thing years back and I don't know why to cut it.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,678

...just a note to mention that the latest version of Iray in this update has corrected the thin film issue as I did test renders of several characters which kept rendering too dark in 4.16.1.8, and their skins/hair come out fine again. 

• Dolce Saito said:

... "
    Enabling the OpenCL NVVM 7.0 Compiler"

Thanks. So, by default the old compiler is used - no need to change anything in this case.