Geometry did not match, failed to create morph.

pqa.1pqa.1 Posts: 7
edited February 2015 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello, I'm trying to make a custom morph for DAZ.

I use ZBrush, but when I import the obj model file to DAZ by morph loader pro, I get this error

"Warning: Geometry did not match, failed to create morph."

Sorry for my bad english.

Post edited by pqa.1 on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you are using a figure like Genesis or Genesis 2, you must export to ZBrush at base resolution, and you can't add or remove geometry in ZBrush.

• pqa.1pqa.1 Posts: 7
    edited February 2015

Thank you for answering.

Yes I'm using Genesis 2 figure

How can I not remove or add geometry in ZBrush ?

Post edited by pqa.1 on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

You can't add or remove geometry if you are making a morph; that would change the vertex order of your model and would be useless in Studio. You must shape the mesh how you want the morph.

This may help explain.

edited December 1969

Awesome it works Thank you very much.

Does it work with clothes too?

Thank you again ^^

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

pqa.1 said:
    Awesome it works Thank you very much.

Does it work with clothes too?

Thank you again ^^

It works with any geometry, including clothes. You don't need to add the same morphs to the clothing as you added to the figure for Genesis and Genesis 2 models. The morphs are added automatically when you apply the clothing to the figure inside DAZ Studio.

You may want to make other morphs that only apply to the clothing, but the same rules apply.
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much for your help.

Now I need to learn how to put or make textures, but maybe is better if I open a new thread

• no matter WHAT i do i get this error with genesis 8

• 1) are you exporting the figure at base resolution?

2) are you subdividing the figure in ZBrush?

3) are you exporting the figure with eyelashes?

4) anything else about how you work that might add or remove geometry?

• how do you export with out eylashes?

• do I need to export without eyelashes?

OK big Help i can delete the eyelashes in uvmapper pro and it finally loads thanks

• Your Genesis 8 Male Essentials should have a Developer Kit folder.  Loading the Genesis 8 Male Dev Load will give you a figure without lashes.  Set it to base resolution for export and don't subdivide in ZB.

• TDBAGZTDBAGZ Posts: 163

1) are you exporting the figure at base resolution?

Geez after alot of time researching and watching videos it was the eyelashes!!!!! Thanx so much man! I just turned off their visibility before export, and... viola! Just opened a whole new realm of possibilities I think. 

• Big thank you to Chris Palomino and FixmyPcMike you guys have solved my problem once again! SickleYield has also taught me so much.

Thanks to the great community around Daz studio I have been able to overcome every new challenge and keep getting better! All I use is Daz studio and Blender. So far I have been able to do everything with just those 2 amazing programs including create pictures and animations that I am very proud of.

Daz is a free treasure in a world with similar programs that cost thousands of dollars. I am very thankfull for everyones hard work at Daz and the very smart community surrounding it.

-Nick S.

• I exported a G3F figure from Daz as OBJ, with resolution at base level, sub 1. Then I imported that to Mudbox and was working on morphs; I did not add any subdivisions. I did use the sculpt brush, but I'm pretty certain that is not adding geometry (if I'm wrong, let me know of course). Yet, I'm still getting this error when I try to use morph loader pro back into Daz?

Any and all help appreciated!!

• If you're using base level it should ignore the subd of 1, but try turning to subd level to zero.

Also if you load your export (from Mudbox) into Studio (not as a morph) you will be able to compare the poly count from the scene info tab. If they are the same then Mudbox is doing something to muck up the vert order. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with Mudbox, so I have no idea what that might be.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

The brushes should not have added any, though I haven't used mudbox in a while to know if that's completely true anymore.

• on my case im using blender and wow a cube appear on my figure a deleted it on blender but then happens teh same geometry no match... anyone can help me????

Unbelievable. I spent like 3 hours getting this error and it was an eyelash. Thanks so much. Absolute legend.