Script to lock/unlock body parts and children.

nakamuram002nakamuram002 Posts: 769
edited October 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have created a script which you might find useful.  Use it to lock things like high-heel poses and hand grip poses.

Description:

This script locks/unlocks the XYZ Rotation Transforms of a body part and optionally all of its child parts. The associated Pose Controls (e.g. Left Foot Roll, Left Fingers Grasp, etc.) are also locked. This script was written and tested in DAZ Studio version 4.15.0.30 on G1 thru G8.1 figures.

Usage:

Select Body Parts before running the script. You may select more than one body part in more than one figure. E.G. Left Foot of G8.1 and Right Foot of G2.

Specify Lock/Unlock body parts, Recurse to lock/unlock "child parts".

Press 'GO' to proceed or 'CANCEL' to abort.

zip
zip
MNLockUnlock.zip
Post edited by nakamuram002 on

Comments

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914

Thank you, very generous of you!

• Thanks takezo!!  I hope you make good use of it.

• Was looking for something just like this!  This will definitely keep hands posed the way I want them.  Thanks for sharing!

• flint_20000_4755ce0812 said:

Was looking for something just like this!  This will definitely keep hands posed the way I want them.  Thanks for sharing!

Glad to be of help, Flint_2000_...!! 

• Thank you!

• Many thanks.Cheers

• CMacksCMacks Posts: 202

This looks good, but what I would like is a script that directly locks the *feet and their children nodes* without me first selecting them (and another script to unlock those nodes).  Would you please consider creating such a script?  Thank you :)

• nakamuram002nakamuram002 Posts: 769

CMacks said:

This looks good, but what I would like is a script that directly locks the *feet and their children nodes* without me first selecting them (and another script to unlock those nodes).  Would you please consider creating such a script?  Thank you :)

I have used such "restricted" scripts. They can be found and do exist.  I wrote mine because I wanted to learn about DAZ Script and I wanted some flexibility.

Thanks for the reply.  Perhaps someone who reads this will consider cranking out such a script, or pointing me to the ones you refer to.

• OmnifluxOmniflux Posts: 359

@CMacks

Here is a script that locks/unlocks the 'lFoot' and 'rFoot' bones and their child bones. Hold shift while running to unlock.

You can change the last line of the script to target different bones, or to unlock without holding shift (in case you want to make a custom action) like this

})(['lHand', 'rHand'], true, true);

dsa
    dsa
    Lock Bones.dsa

Thanks!  I will try it.