Hat hair problems

Is there a product that will solve the problem of fitting any hat to any hair?

Comments

• Short of magic, no - hair can be set up in an enormous number of different ways and I don't think there is any way a one-step, universal solution could be created.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,020

This (and its equivalent for other figures) can help: https://www.daz3d.com/sy-hat-and-hair-helper-genesis-8

• If there's different material zones or what have you, I just try to turn the cutout opacity to zero and see if that gets me to where I want to be. If it doesn't totally work, then I start putzing around with mesh grabber to get the trouble spots fixed. 

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,558

Lately I've been using MeshGrabber to push parts of the hair inside the hat, to varying degrees of success. Though I haven't tried it, I suppose you could use the GeometryEditor to select all the hair outside a hat, assign it a new surface and make that invisible.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,273

I've used Sickle Yield's original hat and hair script with great success, though I have no idea if it would work on other Genesis models.She does, however, make a new one for each version, so there's that.

I have also used MJCasual's script, also with great success and it works on any model.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Mesh Grabber

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    Is it possible for PAs to group sections of hair so they can be hidden? Going forward?
  • I used to make myself crazy trying to fit hats, hoods, etc on hair.  Then I came to the realization that most promo pics are composites of two or more renders done in post.  Since I do post on just about all my renders, it was a fairly obvious and rather simple solution. 

• GeoffreyHawkins said:

I used to make myself crazy trying to fit hats, hoods, etc on hair.  Then I came to the realization that most promo pics are composites of two or more renders done in post.  Since I do post on just about all my renders, it was a fairly obvious and rather simple solution. 

This one comment transformed the way I think about compositions in DAZ3D. It was obvious, of course, but it hadn't occurred to me. It instantly solved an immediate problem, and it opens the way for many more possibilities. Thankfully, I have much experience with Photoshop (and now Affinity Photo). And hats in DAZ3D will become a problem solved!*

*Although beanies are still a problem, but can be given the same, if more involved, post-work in an image editor. 

• PitmaticPitmatic Posts: 776

I sometimes render one image of the hat on the head with no hair and another with the iar on and no hat and merge them in photoshop but frankly i try to avoid hats lol

• I just use two hats; first copy I make a little smaller than I want and invisible, but I set the hair to collide with it.  Then the second hat fits over top of the first one.  If there is any poke-through after that, either Mesh Grabber or postwork.