!JS Flat - Pwtoon presets for Cel Shading and Anime Render

juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 347
edited October 19 in Freebies

JS Flat Promo

Hi guys , I wanna share my pwToon and tools for DAZ users who love Cel Shading and Anime render styles (NPR)  . This is simplified version from my compilcated techique which I`ve ever shared in DAZ NPR forum several month ago . Now you can get aprrox same results with only using ONE Pass render . As you can see from Promo Images , those are straight render from DAZ and pwToon and NO post treatment at all except Layout - BG and Titte texts

Make sure you`ve already installed and get these lists below in your content library

1. pwToon Shader .

2. Free IRAY>3ddelight Converter 

3. Free Geoshell Outline Shader 

4. Unzip and put !JS FLAT Folder in your content library

Optional but recommended 

1. CelShader V2 pwToon Presets by Crescent ( Freebie)

2. AoA Light from DAZ Store

Please take a time to read Content info and Guide . Feel free to ask me if you have trouvle using those presets

Have Fun , Juvesatriani

EDIT INFORMATION : This preset only work in 3DELIGHT RENDER ENGINE , NOT IRAY . That also mean you`ll be using CPU only for rendering 

19/10/21

Upload simple guide video  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1beCBc_OrGCcwRJWiPdSASp_8tahmtSOx/view?usp=sharing

Sorry I couldnt make keycast working , but when apply G8M HMAT int that video I`m actually doing CTRL+CLICK .  

JSFlatPRomo.jpg
2497 x 1371 - 1M
Post edited by juvesatriani on

Comments

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 786

Definitely gonna be playing with this! Thanks!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 15,854

thanks, looks good!

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,450

Hey, commented on DA, but easier to communicate here.  This was my first try with G8F, with Iray and then following the doc.  I hid the hair to save render time  :(  I did not see how #2 in your list above came into play?  It was not in the initial steps of the skin, unless I missed it.

• 3dOutlaw said:

Hey, commented on DA, but easier to communicate here.  This was my first try with G8F, with Iray and then following the doc.  I hid the hair to save render time  :(  I did not see how #2 in your list above came into play?  It was not in the initial steps of the skin, unless I missed it.

Sorry for trouble ..If I`m correctlly guess Your character based on Sakura 8 ?  I`ll be posting specific setting for SAKURA 8

About white skin and wrong color in your render  , would you posting skins - cloth material  setting from Surface TAB ? 

Thanks

• juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 347
    edited October 19

@3doutlaw

Here some custom presets for SAKURA 8 ., I`m icluding the H MAT version and separate presets for each part of SAKURA . Same setting I`ve used in first promo image . 

Just apply using CTRL+ CLICK . In Pop up Windows and  Image`s option change REPLACE into IGNORED   

zip
    zip
    SAKURA8.zip

OK, Ill give it a try tomorrow, thanks!

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 943

Hello. In the instruction it says apply with CTRL+Click and change to ignore in pop up window, but when I do CTRL+Click nothing happens, no pop up window appears.

edited October 19

SteveM17 said:

Hello. In the instruction it says apply with CTRL+Click and change to ignore in pop up window, but when I do CTRL+Click nothing happens, no pop up window appears.

Upload simple guide video  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1beCBc_OrGCcwRJWiPdSASp_8tahmtSOx/view?usp=sharing

Sorry I couldnt make keycast working , but when apply G8M HMAT int that video I`m actually doing CTRL+CLICK .  

I am still getting the all white render on the skin.  It's not a big deal, I just wanted to give it a try.  I typically don't do toon style shading anymore, and if so use the VSS shaders.  Thanks anyway though, it looks cool!  yes

I got the CTRL+Click to work, thank you.

However I also get all white skin (tried it using Genesis 1).

I wonder if it has something to do with #2 in the list?  It says that needs to be "installed", but that is just a file, and so where does it get "installed"?  Seems you would just copy it to a Content folder, but which one and where?

edited October 20

SteveM17 said:

I got the CTRL+Click to work, thank you.

However I also get all white skin (tried it using Genesis 1).

May I ask if your G1 character in scene already loaded with Texture maps or just using white/grey Diffuse color ?  Since the default G1 from DAZ instalation loaded without textures , I think that caused white skin problems . I would like to debug the problems if you share screenshoot for your surface materials setting 

Also make sure you` re already switch your render engine to 3Delight since those presets only work in 3Delight and 3delight compatible shaders .

All base presets in DAZ Figure + MAP should be work without need to convert your character material ( IRAY ) into 3delight compatible shader first  . BUT those presets created/ dedicated for figures which already loaded with Texture map . Thats why CTRL +CLICK needed so the presets didnt overide your maps and only passing the surface/material settings

Meanwhile for all non figure objects like wardrobes + hairs + props which came with IRAY materials, they should be converted in 3delight compatible shaders first before applying JS CLoth or JS HAIR presets ( using converter tool mentioned in first post above) 

If you prefer working without textures , try presets from Folder 04_DAZ Figure NO MAP and start from there .  Unfortunately for now my freebie only have G8 presets for one click solution

But you can easily build for yoursefl in you working with another Genesis line . Just select all skin surfaces ( exclude eyes - nails - teeth - mouth - etc) then apply one of presets from DAZ FIGURE NO MAP>SKIN Colors>

@3doutlaw

Yeah for IRAY>3delight converter you just need to copy that script in content library . Sorry If I`m give you wrong impression . BTW I`m admirer of your works in both styles . Toon and Stylized Realistic style .

Feel free to ask , so I can take a note and improving my future freebies

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 444

Thanks for the update. The packages provided are a bit different than shown in the video. Will do a quick follow along to see if i can duplicate your steps.

Hello.

I loaded G1 and the basic Jeremy texture from the start menu. Followed instructions and when I get to the change Replace to Ignore stage the figure turns white.

toonshader.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 463K
    edited October 21

Trouble if pwToon Not Installed

@SteveM17

Sorry again if this freebie mislead you , i thought I`ve already mentioned in documentations ,

it seem you`re not yet installed or have  pwToon Shader in your DAZ Studio .( special and old  3delight shaders created by posework for get TOON Render) .Check my notes in your screenshoot . If you`re already have pwToon installed , that information should be not said Shader: CUSTOM but  SHADER: pwToon instead

@tugpsx feel free to ask or report if there are problems with this freebie 

Thanks

NoPwttonInstalled.jpg
    589 x 948 - 351K

Hello,

If I have PWToon installled how do I get the shader to change from custom to PWToon as described?

edited October 21

SteveM17 said:

Hello,

If I have PWToon installled how do I get the shader to change from custom to PWToon as described?

if you`re already installed pwToon you can apply my presets . Check my video link in first post . See the surface tab area , and you`ll seeing those material change into pwToon after applying my presets 

edited October 22

Quick test of the Cell Shader effect. This is raw render no postwork yet.

CellShadedTest.png
    1000 x 1300 - 503K
    Post edited by Tugpsx on
    edited October 22

Tugpsx said:

Quick test of the Cell Shader effect. This is raw render no postwork yet.

Cool !! Try use UNIVERSAL RIM LIGHT from RIMLIGHT UTILITIES folder  for wardrobes , it will creating cool fx like we`ve seen in anime or cartoon movie. If you already used it , try change RIM Exteriror color . Lighter colors for brighter RIMlight fx 

Thanks for the info. i dont have a UNIVERSAL RIM LIGHT in the set you provided. Did i miss something?

• Tugpsx said:

Thanks for the info. i dont have a UNIVERSAL RIM LIGHT in the set you provided. Did i miss something?

Just checking again my link , and it should be included in !JS Flat zip file . See the screenshoot attached  

ContentCheck.jpg
    837 x 588 - 142K

My bad, it appeares i have been using !JS Stylized all this time. will grab !jS Flat and give it a whirl.

• Tugpsx said:

My bad, it appeares i have been using !JS Stylized all this time. will grab !jS Flat and give it a whirl.

The main difference between this one with previous presets is about shading styles ( hard shading vs Soft shading)   . But Feel free to mix and match between those presets to get result just like you wanted . Sometimes I`m using light presets from !JS Stylized if I want different toon vibes

Thanks for trying this freebie

edited October 23

You are welcome. Here is another play with the cell shader. Its Animated but i dont think the forum supports that.

Cell01Mblur.gif
    263 x 341 - 1M
    Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • Cool render!! love the red BG , Where I can see the VIdeo ?

edited October 23

This one uses a RIM light as you suggested (before i downoaded your new set)

CellShadedTest3.png
    1000 x 1300 - 646K
    Post edited by Tugpsx on

juvesatriani said:

Cool render!! love the red BG , Where I can see the VIdeo ?

Interesting enough the images are not showing up on Renderosity or DeviantArt either.

https://www.deviantart.com/tugpsx/gallery

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/gallery/?uid=540934