Products used in promo image

tee.timotee.timo Posts: 26
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

Hello everybody, especially you great daz3d developers!

Here is a suggestion that could bring you much more customers and money, I think.
Many many times I see products but I just want a particular item of the promo image. However I just can't find out which products are
used in the promo image. For example:
Allessa Hair
http://www.daz3d.com/allessa-hair

The character looks great to me. I would like to buy that character. But how can I know where to get it?
So my suggestion would be a field for product sellers which says "products used in promo image". Maybe you could even add the option for members to edit this field, if sellers don't do it. I hope you understand what I mean. It would be a great feature and you could earn much more money, I guess. Because I can imagine that I'm not the only one who has this problem.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Promo artists frequently use their own, customised, characters which are not for sale.

• tee.timotee.timo Posts: 26
    edited February 2015

In this case, it would be nice to even know the base model, like Victoria 4,5,6, Josie or Stephanie 4,5,6...

EDIT:
    Also, this is a DAZ original. So for this particular model you should know, which model it is, because you daz people have created the models. :)

Post edited by tee.timo on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes I agree that the DAZ 3D developers have created the models and also the DAZ 3D promo artists have created the Promo images.

However the forums are here for the use of the members, so you are not talking to the developers when you post here, you are talking to other members.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

tee.timo said:
    In this case, it would be nice to even know the base model, like Victoria 4,5,6, Josie or Stephanie 4,5,6...

EDIT:
    Also, this is a DAZ original. So for this particular model you should know, which model it is, because you daz people have created the models. :)

Many products, when they are release, will then have a product promotional page in the forums started by the creator of the product. If you are looking for information regarding the promos and what products were used (that weren't listed on the product page in the DAZ store), you can ask in these threads as the product creators will be monitoring them.

edited February 2015

Thank you for the fast replies.

@chohole
    I don't get your last point. Yes, I am talking to the members here. But developers read this forum as well, don't they?
    Because the topic is "Product suggestions", so it would make no sense to suggest new products if no developer reads it.
    I just don't get your point. Please explain what you mean.

@Cris Palomino
    This is true. Of course I can ask every time:
    Which product is used here, which product is used there... And many users already do this. However it takes time for everybody. I have to ask, people have to answer, and then people who have the same question have to find my answer, and if they don't find it they will ask it again, and the whole thing starts from the beginning. I guess every user here comes to a point where he sees a product in a promo image and thinks "Damn, which product is this?"
    So it would be a great time saver if there was a box underneath each product where developers and users could add the products used in the promo image. If you want to be sure, that no spam appears in this box, you could make it only writable for members with a special amount of posts in the forum or buyed producs. So we could help each other.

This is how I would do it if I was the lead developer of this store. :)
    It would be a great time saver for everybody. I would be so happy, not to search or ask every time. And I would buy more, of course.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,321
    edited February 2015

There already is a area on the store page devoted to "products used in promos" but they are not always listed on all products.

This link shows an example: http://www.daz3d.com/capsces-cute-and-casual-keiko-6

Doesn't help your particular query but they are listed at least half the time.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
    edited February 2015

Thank you, FirstBastion.

I also noticed this. I don't know how you handle it internally. But I guess it's voluntarily for promo artists to add the products used in the promo image. It's ok, maybe they don't always have the time to add this underneath each product. This is why I suggested an editable "products used in promo image" - box underneath each product. You could make this box so the community could simply select an item and add it to this list, or, if this is not possible, like a text box. There is no reason for the community to abuse this box. If you are worried of abuse however, you could make it only editable for users with a special amount of posts or bought items. They have no interest to abuse it, because they don't want to lose their account. Such an editable box would be useful for everyone, I guess, especially for the promo artists, because they wouldn't have to answer the questions anymore. A huge time saver for everybody.