Lip Sync?

DekeDeke Posts: 1,609
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Is lip syncing possible in the Daz 4.03 I downloaded? Or is that an extra plug in? I'm running the 64 bit version on an iMac.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

I believe LipSync is 32 bit only. And I'm not absolutely certain it works at all on a Mac.

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,609
    edited December 1969

Thanks, any work arounds for Mac user who want to make characters talk?

edited December 1969

Have you looked in the 32 bit version? You can safely install both 32 and 64 bit versions of DS on the same machine (as long as they are the same point version, for DS4).

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,609
    edited December 1969

Found the 32 bit zip in the original mac folder and installed it. The character I created in the 64 bit version seem to import just fine and the lip sync feature is here. So yet another new thing to learn. Are there any potential glitches in having both versions?

edited December 1969

No, the only issue I had was that when a plugin is available in the 32 bit version but not the 64 bit version, if you open the 64 bit version the 32 bit version will lose the plugin's pane from its layout (because the layout is shared). On Windows you can run both at once, but starting a new scene will wipe the cached .tdl files and renders from the temp folder (which is shared) so that renders in the other version will fail. You do need to make sure that if you upgrade one to a new point version you upgrade the other too.