Command-S crashes (macOS Big Sur)

Finding that DAZ is very unstable regarding the saving of projects.  I'll use Command-S and around 50% of the time, this causes Daz Studio (4.15.0.30) to crash.   Console app shows very similar stack traces involving processing the save command keyboard equivalent.

Before I file a bug against Daz Studio, are others seeing this too?

So far, if I select the Save command via the File menu with my mouse instead, then no crashes have occurred.

Comments

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,158

I'm using Big Sur and Daz Studio (4.15.0.30) and also finding Daz Studio crashes using Command-S. It isn't all the time. It's mainly when I've built up a more complex figure or scene. Until then I'm lulled into a false sense of security that Command-S is working. I'm having to think about going to save through the File menu which goes against the way I work normally. I haven't filed a bug because I'm not sure how to do that.

• Theer was an issue with using shortcuts (not just cmd s for save but others, including cmd r for render) several versions back, which was fixed. I wonder if this is a regression or a new issue? In any event, please report it to Daz via a support ticket.

• rsharprsharp Posts: 45

Done.  Ticket number: 389719

• N3p3nth3N3p3nth3 Posts: 129

Richard Haseltine said:

Theer was an issue with using shortcuts (not just cmd s for save but others, including cmd r for render) several versions back, which was fixed. I wonder if this is a regression or a new issue? In any event, please report it to Daz via a support ticket.

There's been an issue for a while on Mac where Daz fairly often crashes when saving - I've personally never nailed it to the command-s shortcut, but always to saving in general. The save always succeeds, though, so it's not a disastrous error, merely an annoying. Unfortunately I can't say when it appeared, I only started actively using Daz again a couple of months ago and I'm not sure whether it was there already in early 2020 or just now that I got back.

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,158

Support ticket submitted Richard.