No scripts tab on my top Daz Studio menu

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079
edited October 2021 in The Commons

Hey gang,

No Scripts tab in top menu

I am following along a Daz youtube tutorial for using the Studio to Blender Bridge.  It instructs me to use the scripts tab from the top menu (next to help tab).  Unfortunately for me, my Daz Studio program does not have a Scripts tab in the top menu.  I installed Daz Studio from DIM and did not knowingly change the top menu.  I installed the Daz to Blender beidge using DIM and as far as I know used the default.  I can confirm that the DIM installed a bunch of Blender bridge files to my computer.  I can use the window menu to get a Scrpt IDE pane going.

This is NOT just a Blender question.  I am asking about the lack of Scripts tab, although yes it is in the context of the Blender bridge.

The attached screenshots show that I installed the bridge using DIM and the top of the list of installed files, that my Daz Studio interface does not have a script tab next to the top Help tab, and that the Daz youtube video explaining the Blender bridge does assume a script tab next to the top Help tab.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

no scripts on menu 02.jpg
1064 x 960 - 272K
no scripts on menu 01.jpg
1920 x 980 - 269K
no scripts on menu 03.jpg
1399 x 820 - 173K
Post edited by Diomede on

Comments

• Scripts menu I assume, rather than tab. The Scripts menu is added when you create a custom action, by right-click, or when a tool adds it, usually by a script that runs once and is deleted when DS starts after installation. It may be worth closing DS, uninstalling and reisntalling the bridge, and then starting DS so it can (hopefully) execute the run-once script to populate the Scripts menu.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079

Thank you, Richard.

If anyone else has similar problem...

- I used DIM to uninstall the Daz to Blender bridge.

- I exited DIM

- I rebooted.

- I used DIM to reinstall the Daz to Blender bridge.

- I started a new Daz Studio scene

- The top menu included Scipts

- I was able to continue following the Daz tutorial and transfer a Genesis 8 to Blender.

Much appreciated.  smiley

• riuken1riuken1 Posts: 128

Diomede said:

Thank you, Richard.

If anyone else has similar problem...

- I used DIM to uninstall the Daz to Blender bridge.

- I exited DIM

- I rebooted.

- I used DIM to reinstall the Daz to Blender bridge.

- I started a new Daz Studio scene

- The top menu included Scipts

- I was able to continue following the Daz tutorial and transfer a Genesis 8 to Blender.

Much appreciated.  smiley

Thanks for post how you fixed, I change my layout and the tab go missing this fixed. Have a good day.

• it still wont work ive done it like 10 times now i hate this software so much

• idk why happens to me once a month every time i use daz to blender. Sometimes the scripts menu goes away. I might as well just model from scratch

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

cris94sanz said:

idk why happens to me once a month every time i use daz to blender. Sometimes the scripts menu goes away. I might as well just model from scratch

Or you could always use the DS to Blender Diffeomorphic plugin. That one is better anyway ;)

• phoenixtmphoenixtm Posts: 41
    edited June 2023

I'm having this same issue.

Just installed the Daz to Blender Bridge and no Scripts menu is showing up.

I have changed the directory locations for some items, if that has any affect, by everything has been linked back up using directory manager.
    I keep getting errors loading scripts from the Content Library, which also shows no thumbnails. The files in the folder itsself shows "(Encrypted)" if that is anything.

Screenshot 2023-06-28 164557.png
    1098 x 1160 - 159K
    Post edited by phoenixtm on
  • Look in the File menu

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 477

The "secret sauce" is to backup your AppData files for Daz Studio.  I now do so at least weekly - more frequently if I know that I have made changes to my menus, toolbars, Custom Actions, layout, etc. I got into this habit a year or two ago after losing my Scripts menu.   I have since lost it a couple of times.  When something happens to cause my Scripts menu or custom Toolbar, etc., to disappear, I simply copy the necessary backup file (menu.dsx, layout.dsx, customactions,dsx, etc.) to overwrite the current AppData file.  The saved state in the backup file is now the current state of that component in Daz Studio.

Last week, I had somehow lost my Scripts menu and Toolbar layout AND their backup files.  :(  I had to recreate my Scripts menu and Toolbar layout.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,817

I lost the create custom action option as well as the scripts I had there were no longer working on the beta on my Win10 machine 

it still worked in the production build and the beta on my Win7

... but then my C drive stopped booting up so could have been that