Daz to Unreal Morphs not imported

lexazanlexazan Posts: 5
edited September 2021 in Unreal Discussion

Hi, trying for a few days now to get the Morph targets appear in UE without any success. I am very new to this, so probably just missing something, maybe someone can point me to the right direction.

So right now I have a very basic setup:

Genesis 8 Basic Male in Daz (4.15), exporting model with Bodybuilder Size morph selected

After UE import, I can't see Morph targets in my character mesh

Versions:

UE 4.27

Daz to Unreal 4.2.0.43

P.S. When I export the FBX using File->Export in Daz and then import it manually in UE, morph data are successfully transfered 

Screenshot_1.jpg
1325 x 844 - 125K
Screenshot_2.jpg
1624 x 878 - 199K
Post edited by lexazan on

Comments

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

it's seens which you forget a little step, the bridge itself don't make the unreal automatically recognize the morphs, you need to manually enable the "morphs" in the unreal the first time you use the bridge then for that you must enable to show the unreal import window in the pluging setting inside unreal, then mark the option "enable target morphs", after that you can mark to not show anymore the import window.

• Hi, thank you for your reply, I tried messing around with different settings combination, but so far without any luck. Will attach my config screenshots, maybe you can spot something there

Screenshot_1.jpg
    1358 x 900 - 136K
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    424 x 809 - 63K
    Screenshot_4.jpg
    424 x 809 - 70K
    Screenshot_5.jpg
    428 x 806 - 66K
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    1318 x 664 - 77K
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

it's seens something is really wrong because in your images you have the option "import morph targets" marked which means it was supposed to import the morphs, maybe try to reinstall your daz pluging both sides (daz and unreal) all you have to do is have that option marked as in your second screen on the unreal import menu, the importh morph targets is enabled which means the issue looks like being on daz side

• Ok, will try to wipe everything and start from scratch. What version seems to be most stable? I tried using the one from DazCentral, 4.3-alpha from official github repo, and v4.2.0.43 from David Vodhanel, all with the same results. (tried 4.26 and 4.27 UE versions)

Donno, maybe I messed something up when installing/uninstalling the plugins, but really can't see anything that might be wrong

• Ok guys, I give up. Tried wiping and reinstalling daz, ue and bridge, no luck again. Will go with an old fbx export/import for now

• mmm ok, strange thing happend today. I gave it another try and for some reason everything was correctly imported together with the morphs indecision Bad thing I have no idea what caused that weird behavior in the first place

• Oh, just remebred that I did the engine update to 4.27.1, maybe that helped

• I've been building the plugin for 4.27, but I've mostly been working in 4.26.  It's possible there was a bug related to morphs in Unreal in 4.27.0.