AM Lynx

AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145
edited September 2021 in The Commons

The model is beautiful (tho I still want so badly to see a house cat), but I have a few issues with it. The lynx I'm familiar with are higher in the back than in the front, not the other way around. Also, lynx have extremely long legs. What type of lynx is this?

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on

Comments

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Is there a link for the Lynx?  Long time big fan of AM's critters but I can't find this.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Thanks.  He just showed up. 

• @AllenArt , this model represents an Eurasian Lynx (so not a bobcat or canadian lynx), but once I'm ready with textures I'll put those up too. I'll make also adjustments (morph controls) to control legs positions and posture. Cheers.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,784

He is an instant buy, I just need enough coffee in me before I pull out the credit card to process my order. 

I collect any and all house cats, so you have my vote for one, especially if it is a Maine Coon or something unique!

And during my reinstall that has me prioritizing my products to my internet GB allowance, my animals by AM took first place over humans in G8, G3, G2, G1 and below. Just saying I have my priorities.

Thank you for your talents sir.

• The lynx is gorgeous. Simply amazing. 

And all the right bits to look like a Maine Coon... Getting there... Oh yes. The attached image was our Gryff. The tiles around the fireplace are 6" (15cm) square. For some reason, I never managed to photograph the end of his tail... Poor thing died of a heart attack just before his third birthday 8 years ago. We still miss him so.

Regards,

Richard

gryff04.jpg
    600 x 800 - 162K
  • memcneil70 said:

He is an instant buy, I just need enough coffee in me before I pull out the credit card to process my order. 

I collect any and all house cats, so you have my vote for one, especially if it is a Maine Coon or something unique!

And during my reinstall that has me prioritizing my products to my internet GB allowance, my animals by AM took first place over humans in G8, G3, G2, G1 and below. Just saying I have my priorities.

Thank you for your talents sir.

Thanks to you, and I'm happy to hear that more and more folks get interested in animal models.

• richardandtracy said:

The lynx is gorgeous. Simply amazing. 

And all the right bits to look like a Maine Coon... Getting there... Oh yes. The attached image was our Gryff. The tiles around the fireplace are 6" (15cm) square. For some reason, I never managed to photograph the end of his tail... Poor thing died of a heart attack just before his third birthday 8 years ago. We still miss him so.

Regards,

Richard

Sorry to hear about Gryff, we also lost our beloved Lillo last year and still grieving. Yes the lynx is the smallest cat done so far (with the exception of the lion cub), so little by little I'm going for smaller cats and who knows... maybe the next one will be the house cat?

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,744
    edited September 2021

Alessandro Mastronardi said: Yes the lynx is the smallest cat done so far (with the exception of the lion cub), so little by little I'm going for smaller cats and who knows... maybe the next one will be the house cat?

I've been buying all your beasts---thinking I was underwriting housecat production---and now you say that it's a question? Poor me. crying

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • melaniemelanie Posts: 770
    edited September 2021

I'd still like to see a realistic pteranodon. I know that's not a cat, but I've been wanting one for a long time.

Post edited by melanie on
  • ReneWReneW Posts: 124
    edited September 2021

I love all Alessandro animals and still hoping for a realistic house cat.

Post edited by ReneW on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

Alessandro Mastronardi said:

@AllenArt , this model represents an Eurasian Lynx (so not a bobcat or canadian lynx), but once I'm ready with textures I'll put those up too. I'll make also adjustments (morph controls) to control legs positions and posture. Cheers.

heart heartheartheart

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,256

I still have need of a badger, but the community apparently has decided it "don't need no stinking badgers!"

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 921

@melanie,

Dinoraul at Renderosity produced many dinosaurs and pterosaurs including a pteranodon. You can find his models if you search on his name or more specifically PteranodonLDR.

• melaniemelanie Posts: 770

nabob21 said:

@melanie,

Dinoraul at Renderosity produced many dinosaurs and pterosaurs including a pteranodon. You can find his models if you search on his name or more specifically PteranodonLDR.

Thanks, I've seen their dinos and they're pretty good. I never noticed the ptero, though. It's a pretty good one, so I put it in my wishlist. Considering how realistic Alessandro can make his animals, I was hoping he could do an awesome one that would outshine all the others.

• melanie said:

nabob21 said:

@melanie,

Thanks, I've seen their dinos and they're pretty good. I never noticed the ptero, though. It's a pretty good one, so I put it in my wishlist. Considering how realistic Alessandro can make his animals, I was hoping he could do an awesome one that would outshine all the others.

I am making a pterosaur for a documentary which will stream on Curiosity next year. It's not an exclusive model so I my plan is to release it also at Daz.

• Alessandro Mastronardi said:

@AllenArt , this model represents an Eurasian Lynx (so not a bobcat or canadian lynx), but once I'm ready with textures I'll put those up too. I'll make also adjustments (morph controls) to control legs positions and posture. Cheers.

Jumpity, jump, jump, jump!! Canna wait :)

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 921

I can't wait to see your pterosaur Alessandro. I'm sure it will be awesome.

• SBibbSBibb Posts: 596

melanie said:

nabob21 said:

@melanie,

I am making a pterosaur for a documentary which will stream on Curiosity next year. It's not an exclusive model so I my plan is to release it also at Daz.

Sweet... I'd definitely be interested in seeing that pterosaur once it becomes available. :-D

• SBibbSBibb Posts: 596

melanie said:

nabob21 said:

@melanie,

Sweet... I'd definitely be interested in seeing that pterosaur once it becomes available. :-D