Genesis 2 up-down, left right Eyes Dials

wfbp1wwfbp1w Posts: 25
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Can anyone help me with the genesis 2 figures; I use Poser 2014 and can’t find the “up-down” and left-right dials for the eyes. I look into pose controls / Head / eyes and found a few dials for the eyelids, eyes closed left right but no dial to move the eyes up- down, left -right. I also looked into the other head related subfolders but was not successful to find the dials.

Eyes_dials.jpg
1914 x 1038 - 776K

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Select the Head first (you have the body selected)
    Then it's in Pose Controls / Head / Eyes - Eyes Side-Side and Eyes Up-Down

• wfbp1wwfbp1w Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Thanks, but unfortunately this option is empty! I forgot to mention, that I installed the “Genesis 2 Female Body Morphs” and “Genesis 2 Female Head Morphs” yesterday. Everything works fine but those two dials are gone, or I can’t find them.

Eyes_dials_2.jpg
    1920 x 1041 - 401K
    edited February 2015

The Eyes side-side are coming with the base.
    CTRLEyesSide-Side.dsf and alias_head_CTRLEyesSide-Side.dsf are in the folder
    data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female\Morphs\DAZ 3D\Base
    Or should be ...

Ooops - I just remembered something ...
    http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?96302-Genesis-2-Morphs-in-PP-Game-Dev-and-latest-SR-upgrade&p=871990&viewfull=1#post871990

HeadControls.jpg
    468 x 869 - 119K
    Post edited by Kerya on
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751
    edited December 1969

There has been another service release since then, I think. Mine says version 10.0.5.28445 after installing (regular PoserPro 2014, not the Game Dev). Not sure if that particular issue is fixed, though.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,771
    edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    There has been another service release since then, I think. Mine says version 10.0.5.28445 after installing (regular PoserPro 2014, not the Game Dev). Not sure if that particular issue is fixed, though.

I have this version of Game Dev and it works fine for both Genesis 2 male and female......

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751
    edited December 1969

Good to know, I haven't used it yet. Been trying to get more into Studio for Genesis/G2s as I found them bloody slow in Poser, especially after that wonky version of SR5. It wouldn't even open some of my scenes containing the Genesis characters, which had worked fine up until then. Could load them into Daz no problem so it wasn't anything else on my system that borked 'em. Will try again now in Poser and see what happens.

edited December 1969

I found that files “CTRLEyesSide-Side.dsf and CTRLEyesUpDown.dsf “in the data folder as described, I copied both morphs into the Evolution body folder and also into the Evolution Head folder but they still don’t show up anywhere in the figure if loaded in Poser

edited December 1969

WandW said:
    Byrdie said:

I have this version of Game Dev and it works fine for both Genesis 2 male and female......

You have no problem with morphs installed after the update to SR5.1?

edited December 1969

Kerya said:

You have no problem with morphs installed after the update to SR5.1?

I installed Jayden under the latest update and he works....
    edited December 1969

After fixing a few issues with my Genesis Poser installation, a new issue appears, there is a gap in the left leg, right above the feet, did anyone else noticed that also? It appears at all Genesis 2 male and female figures.

By the way, the eyes dials (up/down and left/right) are fixed by a new download and installation of the DSON Poser importer.

gap.jpg
    1543 x 885 - 233K
    edited December 1969

I've never seen that. I use PP2014 Game Dev.

Does unchecking 'Use Limits' on the Figure menu change it?

edited December 1969

I looked into the settings and the limits are unchecked, than I load the genesis2 base male figure. The gap is still there and only at left leg / feet.

I downloaded and installed the genesis starter essentials again and deleted all cache files, but without success to solve this Problem.

I also downloaded and installed the latest Poser service release because it might be a Poser problem. (I opened the figure in DAZ studio and the figure is as it should be). In Poser the gap is still there, now I get back to the DSON Poser Importer maybe the malfunction is there. So is there a newer version than “DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.2.0.12_Win64”?

gap2.jpg
    1543 x 933 - 258K
    edited February 2015

I have the same effect

PoserPro2014SR5.1
    DSON 1.2.0.12
    Windows7Pro 64bit
    Starter Essentials up to date

The textured with wireframe is DS ...

Genesis2BaseMaleDSWireframe.jpg
    650 x 456 - 62K
    Genesis2BaseMaleWireframe.jpg
    747 x 452 - 67K
    Genesis2BaseMale.jpg
    883 x 466 - 39K
    Post edited by Kerya on
    edited December 1969

I’m happy for not being alone with this issue.

I fix it with the morphing tool, but it’s a lot of work until I got it more or less right. It’s interesting that the mesh looks OK now, but the white Feet outline is still broken.

gap3.jpg
    1501 x 873 - 98K
    edited December 1969

I have submitted a bug report with screenshots ...

edited February 2015

I have submitted a bug report with screenshots ...

Hi Kerya, is there any response about this issue?

Post edited by wfbp1w on
    edited December 1969

I did get a response - unusually fast too!

Sorry for the errors. I am going to run some tests and see what I can find out.

Thanks for your patience.

Have a good day.

So let's hope for the best ...

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305
    edited December 1969

I don't have these 'gap'' problems in my latest version of PPro2014 Game dev (10.0.5.28445), but I don't have the latest DSON version installed, still using DSON version 1.1.3.50

edited December 1969

Thank you - I added this information to the bug report ...