Clean Cut Johnny Hair

JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
edited September 2021 in Carrara Discussion

Trying to get back into the swing of things, since I put together the Achilles hair and the Simple Simon hairstyle earlier this week, put a bit of time into tinkering tonight to make another very simple hairstyle.  Rigged for Genesis1, but I haven't done anything regarding tuning shaders yet.  Looking at it, could probably use a little more refining.  Once I nail down the shaders, I plan to start putting these up (meaning the Achilles and Simon hairstyles) on sharecg as freebies to be used by anyone who wants to, but I've got some testing work to do to get the hair shaders right.  Hopefully I'll be able to keep at this til I get good at it, setting a goal of at least one hairstyle per week, but we'll see how it goes  :)

Testing the invisible low poly collision object it's built on, which I'm intending will be useful for hair sims, but of course for a short hairstyle like this no sim is needed.  So tried a bunch of shapes to make sure the hair rig still worked with a range of head shapes:

CleanCutJohnnyHair1.png
600 x 800 - 185K
CleanCutJohnnyDavid.png
300 x 400 - 49K
CleanCutJohnnyFreak.png
300 x 400 - 66K
CleanCutJohnnyStratusMcCloud.png
300 x 400 - 49K
CleanCutJohnnyKonrad.png
300 x 400 - 55K
CleanCutJohnnyOrc.png
300 x 400 - 53K
CleanCutJohnnyWalker.png
300 x 400 - 51K
CleanCutJohnnyTroll.png
300 x 400 - 47K
CleanCutJohnnyLola.png
300 x 400 - 49K
CleanCutJohnnyGhoul.png
300 x 400 - 54K
Post edited by Jonstark on

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927

wowza - you should have been a barber :) 

But seriously nice hair do's. That's impressive.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,819

as we're in lockdown here my son in law gave me a skunk mullet hair cut last night!

just thought I'd share that laugh

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927

Stezza said:

as we're in lockdown here my son in law gave me a skunk mullet hair cut last night!

just thought I'd share that laugh

ha ha well you won't be tempted to break lock down then.  I'm lucky as I have my own singles bubble....