Armed Virginia Sloop (info : free addon available now)

2»

Comments

• You are a gentleman, sir. Thank you very much.
  • Thank you for the add-on!

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

What a gorgeous model. Picked it up last night.

I've a question that's more related to DS's UI.  There are various Sails and Sail Folded.  The Folded nodes I'm not able to UnHide. I'm assuming it's for morphing purposes but haven't figured out those just yet.

My main issue though is when I export out of Daz.  OBJ is not problem, but FBX's can't have anything hidden otherwise the export fails.

How might I temporarily unhide everything?

• 3djoji3djoji Posts: 1,075

Doc Acme said:

What a gorgeous model. Picked it up last night.

I've a question that's more related to DS's UI.  There are various Sails and Sail Folded.  The Folded nodes I'm not able to UnHide. I'm assuming it's for morphing purposes but haven't figured out those just yet.

My main issue though is when I export out of Daz.  OBJ is not problem, but FBX's can't have anything hidden otherwise the export fails.

How might I temporarily unhide everything?

The model is as it is : a collection of single parts. The presets are created to include in the root all the actors commands for all the single pieces. And you are right about the morphing you can not hide or unhide from a total preset.

The idea : You are free to assemble yourself all the parts you want (and only that ones) to get the model as expected. At that time, it is possible to load the single part independantly, removing the side effect you mention. Some Poses can be created from the total presets (thinking of the guns).  May be this is the way to get it for FBX export.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

That's fine. Ill fiddle with that later on then.

Kind of what I was doing with the OBJ export.

• What am I missing the folded sails cannot be seen and in the scene tab it does not let me toggel them on?

• 3djoji3djoji Posts: 1,075

Paul Petty said:

What am I missing the folded sails cannot be seen and in the scene tab it does not let me toggel them on?

you have to use the actor command for the sails when you load a preset 

ArmedVirginiaSloop_popup07.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 354K
  • I think I have clicked on everything I can think of, how exactly do I show the folded sails ??

• You need to swap the open sail props for the furled sail props, by deleting the loaded items and loading the new version.

• That's not working for me, not sure what I am missing here, I tried several things, I deleted all the sails, then I go to props, load the 'sail lower folded', it adds it to the scene, I see it in the scene tab, but it is hidden, I click on the 'close eye' icon and it does not change

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,762

mark_z2487 said:

That's not working for me, not sure what I am missing here, I tried several things, I deleted all the sails, then I go to props, load the 'sail lower folded', it adds it to the scene, I see it in the scene tab, but it is hidden, I click on the 'close eye' icon and it does not change

I have the sloop and opened it up. I am attaching two images of first the sloop as it is loaded, and then after I have closed the eyes and folded the AVS Sail Foc 01 and Foc 02. Is this what you wanted to do?

Mary 

Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 5.35.57 AM.png
    1231 x 951 - 1M
    Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 5.36.44 AM.png
    1221 x 914 - 829K
  • memcneil70 said:

mark_z2487 said:

That's not working for me, not sure what I am missing here, I tried several things, I deleted all the sails, then I go to props, load the 'sail lower folded', it adds it to the scene, I see it in the scene tab, but it is hidden, I click on the 'close eye' icon and it does not change

I have the sloop and opened it up. I am attaching two images of first the sloop as it is loaded, and then after I have closed the eyes and folded the AVS Sail Foc 01 and Foc 02. Is this what you wanted to do?

Mary 

• Mary,

well, I tried to quote, but didn't get my reply attached

In your images, one shows all the sails showing, in the other the 2 front sails are hidden, but you don’t show the folded sails that would replace them

I have no problem hiding the not folded sails, just cannot get the folded ones to show

I want to hide the 2 square sales, which is no problem, and show the folded versions for those 2

• well, I tried to quote, but didn't get my reply attached

I figured it out, found the control, so it works, I do find it a bit confusing though

One needs to click on AVS Preload Controls, not the item you want to change

• like this:

daz model - control and square folded.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 507K
  • As 3djoji said above, you have to use the buttons under Actor on the main ship figure to hide/show the sails.