Maximize opening screen

TimBoTimBo Posts: 151
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

How can I make Carrara 8.5 Pro always open to a maximized screen when I click on the desktop icon? I've checked the properties settings to the icon and it is set to "Maximized". What else can I do? I've tried leaving it full screen when I close it but when I open the program again it is in a window about 1/4 the space of my monitor.

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,823
    edited December 1969

Do you have the two menu items ticked?

maxscreensize.jpg
    512 x 357 - 110K
  • TimBoTimBo Posts: 151
    edited December 1969

It works now. I did it like you showed and it took care of it. Funny though after I put it back so it would be a normal size so I could access the windows task bar, the program opens correctly from the icon to full screen with the windows task bar accessible. Maybe somehow something got reset because it had been working correctly in the past. Thanks.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,248
    edited December 1969

Whoa... I really like your Avatar, Tim!

edited December 1969

Thank you.

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

I agree, it's very cool. How's this done, btw? Setting an animated avatar, I mean. I see them from time to time and I wonder how you get the forum to let you set an animation since I can barely get the forum to accept a static render, I figure there must be some sort of trick to it... :)

edited January 2015

Jonstark said:

I agree, it's very cool. How's this done, btw? Setting an animated avatar, I mean. I see them from time to time and I wonder how you get the forum to let you set an animation since I can barely get the forum to accept a static render, I figure there must be some sort of trick to it... :)

If I remember correctly, I saved it as a looped animated GIF. I rendered it in a low frame rate and in the dimensions limited by the forum. It was calculated to only turn a few degrees so it would look like a constant turning when looped.

Post edited by TimBo on