Where to find the gift card code ?

rksrks100rksrks100 Posts: 49
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I just purchased a gift card for the first time so I don't know how the process works at Daz. To utilize, the web site requests a code for redemption. No redemption code appears in my order confirmation (only an SKU) and there is no separate email sent to me with the code. Does it take some time for a code to be generated and processed perhaps ? Anyone care to tell me where I'm supposed to look ?

Thanks in advance

Raj

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,226
    edited December 1969

You should receive an email with the code in it. Check your normal email program using the address you use for your DAZ account.

• rksrks100rksrks100 Posts: 49
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the response: I definitely don't have a message in my 'normal email' that receives order confirmations etc. from Daz. My Daz inbox has never worked. I'll give it a couple hours and then contact technical support. Thanks anyway.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

It should arrive at the same time as or just after the order confirmation. I think last gift card I bought, the email giving me the code was from DAZ 3D, almost like it was a message about the forums, rather than the no reply email address.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Same for me, always arrives in its own email at the same time the order confirmation email is received, normally immediately or within minutes.

It is sent to the email address you entered ... check the spam filters too ;-)

• Jonathan BJonathan B Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

rksrks100 said:
    I just purchased a gift card for the first time so I don't know how the process works at Daz. To utilize, the web site requests a code for redemption. No redemption code appears in my order confirmation (only an SKU) and there is no separate email sent to me with the code. Does it take some time for a code to be generated and processed perhaps ? Anyone care to tell me where I'm supposed to look ?

Thanks in advance

Raj

When you purchase a gift card in the current store, you are required to supply the name and email address for the recipient of the gift card. If you a purchasing it for yourself, you just put in your own information. The purchaser name and email address will already be filled out with the information on your store account, but I've always had to fill out the recipient information manually.

What email address did you use for the recipient?

(I just purchased a gift card for myself today and the e-mail with the code arrived just before the separate order confirmation)

• rksrks100rksrks100 Posts: 49
    edited December 1969

Definitely no email in spam folder etc. but I contacted technical support and they have been excellent, responded within the hour with my code. I think I'm turning into a Dazaholic since now I'm not only buying too much stuff but paying ahead for planned purchases !! I'm sure many of you can relate. I'm downloading other stuff from a purchase as I write that was in my cart when I bought the gift card for myself !! I should technically have purchased the gift card first but hey, how much is there to save on platinum stuff on sale ? I pay more for a cup of coffee !