Weird transparency with shaders

eheiehbruno@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 842
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I apologize if this issue has already been adressed, but I haven't been able to find anything on the forums and it's quite annoying:

When applying shaders to surfaces, sometimes I get "grids" or splotches of transparency. It has happened with the Dark Corrosion Shaders, the Historical Masonry Shaders and the Historical Flooring Shaders, but I am guessing it could happen with other packs, seeing this track record. I haven't got a clue about what could be causing this issue, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

The image shows an attempt to mod Faveral's Medieval Blacksmith and a primitive plane.

Shader_fail.png
1920 x 1080 - 3M

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,316
    edited December 1969

That looks like two coincident layers of geometry. Try moving the plane up or down a bit.

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

It could also be displacement affecting the geometry. If I may ask, can we see your render settings? Sometimes too low settings cause displacement to do this.

• eheiehbruno@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 842
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the suggestion, but the trouble remains with just a primitive plane (though not as exxagerated without the Skies of Economy lights, it may be related), no matter how much I move it around. Regarding my settings, here is a screenshot of what I use in 1920*1080 images. Thanks to both of you.

Captura_de_pantalla_(2).png
    1920 x 1080 - 303K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,316
    edited December 1969

Ah, if you are using an environment light - as I think you would be in Skies of Economy - you might try converting the plane to SubD.

• eheiehbruno@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 842
    edited January 2015

About that... Here's an example of a subdivided plane with no illumination with the Historical Masonry Shaders applied. I really liked the promos, but I am afraid I will be returning this one if I don't figure something out soon.

Subdivision_Test_-_No_Lights.png
    1920 x 1080 - 687K
    Post edited by [email protected] on