Correct clothes prop position?

BalooBaloo Posts: 71

I'm sure this is an easy one but everything about how clothes react is unknown territory to me.

I need this cap on a M4. It is designed for M4 in Poser, but somehow I have trouble in Daz.

- The moment I load the cap in the scene, it rests perfectly on M4 head
- The moment I click "fit to M4" so it stays attached, it moves to the left with an angle, and cannot be corrected anymore

How can I either correct the position of the cap or clear all data and reassign the zero position of the start as the new "fit" position?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

cap.jpg
800 x 392 - 42K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,310
    edited December 1969

You could simply parent the hat to the head, but it shouldn't do that. Which set is it from? How is the skeleton arranged - a screen-shot of the Scene pane with its bones expanded would show that.

• BalooBaloo Posts: 71
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much, the simple parenting is already way better. The cap still moves a bit away when posing M4, but at least I can handle it.

Not sure how what "expanding the bones" mean (I have almost no concept of all that), does the attached pic help you?

This is the Gothic visor cap M4-V4 at Rendo.

bones.jpg
    800 x 398 - 28K
    edited December 1969

How the parented cap still "moves a bit" when posing M4.

parented.jpg
    800 x 398 - 36K
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

I would export the cap as a wavefront object so when you import it back it is just a static prop with no bones. You will probably need to move the point of origin with the joint editor tool also.

edited December 1969

I meant find the cap in the Scene pane, right-click on it and choose Expand>Expand from Selection, then take a screenshot showing all of the entries under the cap's main heading.

edited December 1969

Ahem.

That's all there is. Neck/Head.

expanded.jpg
    188 x 82 - 6K
    edited December 1969

It may be that DS doesn't like the short chain, though I don't understand why it would move when parented - it was parented to the head, not the neck?

edited January 2015

Wonderful.

I was certain I did it correctly but I retried and it works. Somehow I messed up. Thank you very much for your help, this will do!

(Edit: probably parented to the neck the first time)

Post edited by Baloo on