Trouble installing on net book

WhiteFoxWhiteFox Posts: 92
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I just got a dell inspiron mini running Windows XP Pro and was wanting to use it for render farming for Bryce but I'm getting error messages when trying to start Bryce and/or Lightning. The error reads...

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\Bryce7\Bryce.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may
fix this problem.

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\BryceLightning\Lightning.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may
fix this problem.

I have tried reinstalling both but still getting the same error. Is there something I might be missing? Thank you in advance

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,161
    edited December 1969

@charliemcd2010 - it appears that some Windows file needed is missing. Have you looked at this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7516/? You might find the answer what's missing. Obviously, it's a file common to Bryce and Lightning.

• WhiteFoxWhiteFox Posts: 92
    edited December 1969

As usual I give you my thanks and gratitude Horo. Once again you have come to my rescue and have helped me solve my Bryce issues. I only wish I could repay you for all the help you have provided.

Thank you again.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,161
    edited December 1969

You're more than welcome. I'm glad you could make it work.