Venice

perlkperlk Posts: 847
edited August 2021 in Freebies

Where has perlk been, since she has not been lurking in the forums for some time? Besides going away and having a real life, I have been teaching myself modeling in Hexagon...and UV mapping/texturing practice.

I present to you my masterpiece. Inspired by an epic trip to Venice I took 10 years ago (almost to the day, I think we left on the 29th of August, 2011)... this took me about 2-3 hours a day over the last 4 weeks to create.

Venice canal scene for Daz Studio Iray.

There's a main building, 3 extra buildings, lamps, flowers, posts, bridge, sidewalk with bollard and chain fence, and a water plane - with some textures from actual pictures from my trip to Venice (and some from free texture sites). Skydome, figures, gondola not included.

https://www.deviantart.com/perlk/art/Free-Venice-canal-scene-for-Daz-Studio-Iray-890187936

venice1.png
1800 x 1200 - 3M
venice2.png
1800 x 1200 - 3M
venice3.png
1800 x 1200 - 3M
Post edited by perlk on

Comments

• Weeeeee. That is quite something. Will have to take time to look at it in detail, but from the renders.. wow. Looks like you have got you head around Hexagon. Which is more than I can. I've spent 15 years using SolidWorks, and I simply cannot understand how Hexagon works. The quality of the DAZ documentation has a certain contribution to that, it has to be said.
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,013
    edited August 2021

Beautiful, thank you :-)

Had to load this one and run a quick render :-)

Venice.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • perlkperlk Posts: 847

You're welcome! That looks pretty awesome! 

edited September 2021

Hay, found a public domain Venice sunset hdr  :-)

Preview is attached. HDR has to be via a link so here's a link:  my GoogleDrive link removed 'cause apparently people would rather search for things.

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820

Wow!  Fantastic!  Thanks for learning to use Hexagon!  wink

I tried for a while a couple of years ago... just didn't have the time do to much except get the basics.  I got a little frustrated because it kept crashing on me.  I figure it was a sign, LOL! 

Catherine3678ab said:

Preview is attached. HDR has to be via a link so here's a link:  my GoogleDrive link

That may be the HDR I used in the preview actually!

Sky77 said:

Wow!  Fantastic!  Thanks for learning to use Hexagon!  wink

I tried for a while a couple of years ago... just didn't have the time do to much except get the basics.  I got a little frustrated because it kept crashing on me.  I figure it was a sign, LOL! 

It was crash-city for me, too, but Catherine gave me a few tips to try to reduce the crashing, which has helped quite a lot. I really owe so much to her and this community for all the help, so I don't mind giving back!

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,648
    edited September 2021

Catherine3678ab said:

Preview is attached. HDR has to be via a link so here's a link:  my GoogleDrive link

Isn't that from here? It's a freebie website so daz shouldn't get pissy about sharing a link.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
    edited September 2021

No.   Yes.

• I recognise a number of the Polyhaven images as appearing on HDRIHaven too.
    edited September 2021

Sorry, didn't recognize their front page ... dug up the screenshot of the legal info and yes, it's at Polyhaven.

Since you don't want simple image to download: here.

License: Public Domain
    Arthor: Greg Zaal
    https://polyhaven.com/a/venice_sunset

• richardandtracy said:

I recognise a number of the Polyhaven images as appearing on HDRIHaven too.

It's the same site, he just changed the name.