I'm Animated, are you? -CONTEST INSIDE! - (ceck the last post, page 8)

Comments

• Shameless self-promotion!!

Here's an image that uses the Animated Sets: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/86451/

I think I use the Animated Sets for almost everything I use nowadays. (Photorealism is the bunk! Photorealism only invites people's criticisms about texture maps and silly stuff like that.) I have a bunch of characters I've made with these sets. I'm quite looking forward to any other projects you release.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    The Six said:

Coming Soon....

Okay, I grabbed him, but still looking for the females; any word or ETA?

-- Walt Sterdan

edited September 2015

Shameless self-promotion!!

Here's an image that uses the Animated Sets: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/86451/

I think I use the Animated Sets for almost everything I use nowadays. (Photorealism is the bunk! Photorealism only invites people's criticisms about texture maps and silly stuff like that.) I have a bunch of characters I've made with these sets. I'm quite looking forward to any other projects you release.

Nice work, as always. I'd still like to see some more Doc Thunder. ;-)

-- Walt Sterdan

Post edited by wsterdan on
  • MusclemanMuscleman Posts: 2,991

the new add to aniamated family is out! ceck it!!

http://www.daz3d.com/animated-shape-captain-commando-for-genesis-2-male-s

ani.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 201K

great work here!

• IchibanIchiban Posts: 113

Still no word on the animated females, or is that being scrapped? It has been almost 9 months since the preview was first shown in this thread, and almost a year on other sites. Just wondering.

• wsterdan said:

Nice work, as always. I'd still like to see some more Doc Thunder. ;-)

-- Walt Sterdan

Ha! Thanks, Walt. I think Doc Thunder was a casualty of my last hard drive crash, but he seemed bright enough to figure out a way back from a minor setback like that.  wink

• Ichiban said:

Still no word on the animated females, or is that being scrapped? It has been almost 9 months since the preview was first shown in this thread, and almost a year on other sites. Just wondering.

July was when they had apparently entered the "QA process".

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 575
    edited September 2015

Just picked up Captain Commando and came up with this quick sketch already. I wanted to post it and say what a fun product it is.

OldGeneral01.jpg
    600 x 776 - 69K
    Post edited by Sphinx Magoo on
    wsterdan said:

I think Doc Thunder was a casualty of my last hard drive crash, but he seemed bright enough to figure out a way back from a minor setback like that.  wink 

As you know, if you don't have a body he's probably alive. laugh

-- Walt Sterdan 

• Ichiban said:

July was when they had apparently entered the "QA process".

I was thinking about this last night and I remember hearing about some vendor's frustrations over the QA and release process. It may not have anything to do with TheSix and more to do with DAZ and how they schedule their releases. I'm not trying to lay the blame at anyone's feet, mind you. Just passing along what I heard. Personally, I would love a female set or two to match the male sets as my recent images have been very guy-heavy. Hopefully sometime soon...

• IchibanIchiban Posts: 113

I don't think that's the case. Some people have shown some items and had them released within a week or two of the preview. 

• Ichiban said:

I don't think that's the case. Some people have shown some items and had them released within a week or two of the preview. 

Hey, in the absence of any real news, people start spreading rumors. I was just doing my share. At least I didn't go for my usual "kidnapped by aliens" rumor.  

edited September 2015
    Ichiban said:

And others have shown previews and we've never seen the items released. The PAs sometimes show the previews before they've passed through QA; if it doesn't pass QA, it means it's thrown back for revisions or bug fixes. In the case of the females, we know there was at least one bug that had to be fixed, and we know that it want back to QA. If QA found something else, it's the whole fix-resubmit-QA cycle over again. We know that in the first week of August it was still in QA for the second time, hopefully not much longer. We know it's not the PAs holding things up (llke anyone, they'd like to be paid sooner rather than later), so maybe there's an upcoming Toon Day or something similar in the PA sales event. I'm sure Muscleman and The Six are just as eager as we are (if not more so) to see them hit the store. wink

-- Walt Sterdan

• Ichiban said:

Hey, in the absence of any real news, people start spreading rumors. I was just doing my share. At least I didn't go for my usual "kidnapped by aliens" rumor.  

Nahhh! Animated girl is in an eternal date with Michael 7 in a tropical island drinking daikiris in the beach...shhhhh! don't say it to Animated boy and/or Victoria 7.

• GiGi_7 said:
    Ichiban said:

Nahhh! Animated girl is in an eternal date with Michael 7 in a tropical island drinking daikiris in the beach...shhhhh! don't say it to Animated boy and/or Victoria 7.

Now THAT I can believe!

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited October 2015

Wow!  Just found this thread cool

Have the whole animated line and am eagerly awaiting the girls laugh

Used the Animated shapes to re-imagine the Metal Men over the weekend.  Huge props to RAMWolff and wsterdan for invaluable input on Iron and Lead.

I hope the Mods won't hold it against me for posting this here because I really want The Six and Muscleman to see this blush

Here are The Metal Men, rebooted.  Will wait for the Animated Female Shapes because I want to re-do Platinum (Tina) wink

Gold:

Mercury:

Iron:

Lead:

Tin:

Post edited by 3dLux on
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Which shader pack did you use for that golden appearance? It makes me think these would be great to adapt into award statues.

edited October 2015

Which shader pack did you use for that golden appearance? It makes me think these would be great to adapt into award statues.

Actually I think the finish on Gold does make him look like an Oscar laugh

And they were rendered in Reality 4.1/Lux 1.5, taking about an hour each.  Gold used the Universal Preset for 24K Gold, Mercury and Iron, the new Universal Preset for Car Paint, and Lead the Material Setting for Lead.

I have no doubt that the same effect can be achieved with Shader packs for Iray.  I just got Mec4D's pack but haven't used it yet.  But considering its range a similar Oscar finish should be achievable with it cool

Post edited by 3dLux on
  • 3dLux said:

Wow!  Just found this thread cool

Have the whole animated line and am eagerly awaiting the girls laugh

Used the Animated shapes to re-imagine the Metal Men over the weekend.  Huge props to RAMWolff and wsterdan for invaluable input on Iron and Lead.

I hope the Mods won't hold it against me for posting this here because I really want The Six and Muscleman to see this blush

Here are The Metal Men, rebooted.  Will wait for the Animated Female Shapes because I want to re-do Platinum (Tina) wink

Gold:

Mercury:

Iron:

Lead:

Tin:

Wow! These are really good! You've done a great job showing off the power of Reality.  smiley

Ehy awesome works!

Many thanks for the kind words, Sphinx Magoo and Muscleman blush

Sorry for the uberlate response: my PC crashed and it seems the videocard finally died sad

And I think a similar look can be achieved with a PBR or software that the user knows really well angel

• I just posted this image (http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/90203/) to my Gallery, and I realized that I have an awful lot of men in my images and not too many women. Then I realized that most of those male images use the Animated Shapes in one form or another.

Jeepers.

I guess I really like this product!   laugh

I guess it's my turn to ask, any updates on the female package?

-- Walt Sterdan

• wsterdan said:

I guess it's my turn to ask, any updates on the female package?

-- Walt Sterdan

I suspect that G3F versions are in the pipeline and that's slowing things down.

• G3F compatibility was asked about and the answer was that G2F was what was planned for and G3F might be something for the future.

The thing is, it already went through quality approval a long while ago...

G3F compatibility was asked about and the answer was that G2F was what was planned for and G3F might be something for the future.

The thing is, it already went through quality approval a long while ago...

Well, we know it got bumped back from QA at least once and was resubmitted, we don't know if it made it through the second time. While I'm all for G3F and G3M versions, I am getting a little antsy as I'd hoped to be using the G2F pack by now for a project I'm starting.sad

Hopefully one of the guys will let us know what the current status is so we can plan accordingly.

-- Walt Sterdan

• Vertigo789Vertigo789 Posts: 74
    edited December 2015

Asked this a while back, don't believe I got an answer. Is the hair on the guy in jeans the animated hair from the bundle? If so, how was the look achieved? Can't seem to replicate it.

Post edited by Chohole on

I'm so sorry to can't answer at when the animated come out again, we have some life trouble at this moment, sorry folk. Tahnks so much for your dedication adn pleasure to choose to buy it, but i really can't answer to you, sorry. sorry, sorry!

For zeynhaider_289373ef84 question: this hair is was from another expansion in work in progress, but at this moment I can't say when i'll be hit the store, sorry.

edited December 2015
    Muscleman said:

I'm so sorry to can't answer at when the animated come out again, we have some life trouble at this moment, sorry folk. Tahnks so much for your dedication adn pleasure to choose to buy it, but i really can't answer to you, sorry. sorry, sorry!

For zeynhaider_289373ef84 question: this hair is was from another expansion in work in progress, but at this moment I can't say when i'll be hit the store, sorry.

Thanks very, very much for taking the time to give us an update. Very sorry to hear things might not be going too well at the moment, hopefully things will improve in the New Year.

Thanks again, and take care.

-- Walt Sterdan